Chapter 4

VENGEANCE

10.

Summer Expedition is an annual event wherein selected adventurers from different guilds will be participating to grind up on this island. It's a week-long event and afterwards they need to head back so that the isle can replenish its lost during the expedition, thus the day of the Summer Expedition starts. Huge steamships were docked at the harbor, it is way different than the regular ships in Mashira and other places. Steamships are specially designed to travel to the Summer isle (the place where Summer Expedition takes place). It is why it is not commercially used because of its lack of speed but its endurance is remarkable. It can go against the wind current and tidal waves but will surely take time if it will travel a long distance. Luckily, Summer Isle is near proximity to Mechtown. The island itself is covered with strong wind, wild waves and swirling currents. Steamships are the only ship that can go through it with ease.

"WOAAHH! THOSE SHIPS LOOKS LIKE A GOLEM BUT IN A FORM OF A BOAT!" Ryuu shouted.

"HAHA! Amazing right? It is the pride of Mechtown! The toughest ship out there!" Kyap bragged.

"And who are you?" Reiko asked.

"HAHA! I'm Kyap! The overall incharge of this expedition, basically the captain" Kyap answered.

"WOOAAAH! YOU HAVE A METAL ARM!" Ryuu said.

"HAHA! It's a long story but I can proudly say that I made this on my own! HAHA! Anyway, I have to go, see you there kiddos!" Kyap responded.

"Hmmm.. Hokori-kun is late" Akari said.

"Worried for him not showing up?" Reiko teased.

"No, I am sure that he will come here" Akari answered.

"Yeah! Captain will be here soon" Ryuu added.

"Then why are you worried? Perhaps you miss him? It was only for a day Hinata-chan" Reiko continually teased.

"Stop it Reiko-chan! Speaking of which, there's Hokori-kun" Akari said.

"YOW! CAPTAIN! I made it to the finals yesterday but I got beaten up hehehe" Ryuu proudly said.

"Told you, you lacked instincts" Kane replied.

"I wish you were there yesterday! You were right, instincts were a huge advantage in combat, he closed his eyes and dodged my attacks! Though I still think that he is no match to you, captain!" Ryuu said.

"I do think you should be there too, someone missed you while you were gone, Hokori-kun," Reiko teased.

"REIKO-CHAN!" Akari shouted.

*Akari pushed Reiko away from Kane*

"Let's keep moving!" Akari said while blushing.

The party boarded the steamship. After some time, the sail to the Summer isle started. Numerous adventurers participated and there are 5 Steamships setting a course.

In Summer isle there is a dungeon named Nethercave. It is rich in minerals which will be the best place to gather recipes to be forged at Mechtown. Every floor has its own environment where different beasts reside. On the final floor, an Elder dragon is waiting, it is incredibly tough and its skin is made out of Obsidian, which can be crafted as the sharpest metal or the toughest armor. Entering the Nethercave is a gamble, adventurers can still grind more experience on the island alone but if it's the loot that they are looking for, they should be ready for what they came for.

The Steamship finally reached its destination, everybody was eager to grind up and they sprinted out as soon as the ship docked. The Summer expedition starts but Kane is still in his room.