Chapter 5

A STEP CLOSER

13.

The world of Pangeku is a place where everyone is given a chance to live a life that they never had. It will vary how you utilize those opportunities that are already presented to you. But of course, when everyone has freedom, others will be tormented by it. Survival of the fittest? Or is it the fortune of luck? Either way, it's the one who moves forward will reach the top.

Dark past of misery has been uncovered. Most of them anticipated the rough times that Kane had but no one expected to be this horrifying. None of them can even imagine how hard it is and if they can pull the same feat that Kane did if they were on his shoes. After the story telling, everyone paused for an hour, Ryuu and Akari tried to light up the atmosphere until everyone was a little more comfortable. They climbed up to the surface and annihilated the mobs every level. Looting every mineral that can be gathered. The party let Broko and Mista tag along for the whole week. It's been tough for them to act normally again after the commotions but that does not stop them from grinding more experience.

The third day of the summer expedition started, the party went to the hill to hunt Giant red shrooms.

"Fireball!" Akari casted.

"Ryuu, the rear!" Reiko instructed as she cast water spears.

"On it!" Ryuu sprinted and lured the Giant red shrooms using mist.

"Double my target's speed, HASTE" Mista buffed Broko.

"Earth smash!" Broko slams his sword in the ground.

"Oy captain, aren't you gonna help?" Ryuu asked.

"No" Kane answered.

"He already soloed the Elder dragon, let him rest" Akari added.

"Ooohh, how thoughtful Hinata-chan" Reiko teased.

"Please focus Reiko-chan" Akari said.

"hai , haaai" Reiko replied.

"These shrooms are annoying, splitting them in half makes another version of themselves!" Ryuu complained.

"They can also remove its burnt parts and then regenerate it" Akari added.

"What should we do?" Broko asked.

"Can you dig a huge hole?" Reiko questioned.

"Not big enough but I bet those shrooms will fit"

"Yosh, now follow my lead" Reiko said.

With Reiko's lead they now initiate the plan. Broko dug a hole to trap the Giant red shrooms. Since Ryuu is known for his speed, he was assigned to lure them to the trap.

"I thought I'll be running but this is.... Boring" Ryuu said.

"I know that they are slow but I never thought that they will be this slow..." Akari disappointedly said.

"Broko, Don't you think that the trap is too far?" Mista asked.

"Reiko-san said it" Broko said.

"My bad, I miscalculate this part..." Reiko embarrassedly said.

*after 2 hours*

"You are almost there!" Akari cheered.

"How long are we waiting here?" Broko asked.

"If it wasn't for its regeneration, we could have killed them by now" Reiko said.

"At least we found a way to kill them, I think?" Mista added.

"We are still not sure if that pool poison in that hole will kill them" Reiko said.

"This island has almost everything on it, I suppose" Akari said.