Chapter 8 (v2)

IS THIS THE END?

46.

The confrontation finally happens. At first glance, Kane's party looks like the clear victor. The Adamant Sapphire Stone clearly creates a huge gap between their durability in terms of mana. Little did they know, Nin and Kero also have a mythic item... The Adamant Ruby.

Adamant Ruby is the complimentary stone of Adamant Sapphire. If Adamant Sapphire doubles the individual's mana, Adamant Ruby doubles the brute strength of the wielder. Empowering attacks in an extra ordinary level, allowing them to throw an army killing punch or an annihilating spell. Wielding these stones both at the same time will clearly be a threat to every living species, but now.. It's power vs durability, time to test who wields the mythic item at its finest.

"Guards please fetch those children, I don't want to slaughter them accidentally" Kero said.

"But they are guarding them, we cannot find an opening" A guard replied.

"Don't worry, Nin will keep Kane busy... I'll handle your problem from here. To avoid destroying this vulnerable world, transport me and my target to the indestructible space. VOID! " Kero casted his ultimate spell, teleporting Akari, Reiko, Ryuu, Broko, and Mista to a finite place, separated from the real world.

"WOAAAH WHAT IS THIS!" Ryuu said while mesmerized at the place.

"Cool right? This is a place I created to avoid accidentally blowing a country. Everything here can be restored so feel free to go all out" Kero answered.

"How did you make this? And where exactly are we?" Reiko asked.

"I love your curiosity. Fine, I'll entertain your queries. We are inside my magic itself, it's a different dimension. Either I let you guys out or you kill me, you won't be going anywhere. Those children will go back to the laboratory" Kero explained.

"Those children won't go back to your lab. Hikari is still there and she will protect them!" Akari madly reacted.

"I left someone? Hmmm I must have mistakenly thought that she was one of those children, though I think that won't be a problem. Anyway, shall we start?" Kero asked.

After teleporting everyone except Kane and Hikari, the guards immediately charge in order to apprehend their test subjects. In that instant, a strong wind starts to swirl around the children. Those who are trying to approach are immediately getting thrown, making them fly for a distance. Hikari casted a still tornado around them in order to prevent anyone from closing in.

"I will not let anyone go near them! They deserve to live!" Hikari shouted while continuously casting her magic.

"Get my sword" Nin ordered a guard.

"That kid is really something" Nin said to Kane.

"That's average" Kane replied.

"I guess it's hard to please you, I hope I can earn your praise in this battle" Nin responded.

A guard approached Nin and handed a prototype of the Legendary Sacred Sword.

"Don't worry, this is not the real deal. We can't remove the Legendary Sacred Sword from the stone, that's why they created a prototype for me. Compared to yours, I do believe your weapon is terrifying, it suits you.. I guess the weapons are the ones who choose their wielder" Nin said.

"Are you done talking?" Kane asked.

"I'll probably still talk while we fight, let's start the dance, shall we?" Nin responded.

After a brief smirk, Nin immediately launched her first attack. Charging in with a left swing, followed by a pierce, then multiple swift slashes. Indeed, Nin's swordsmanship is way off the charts. Because of Nin's speed, Kane is on his defensive stance. Focusing on deflecting the succession of attacks while reading Nin's approach. But he is not the only one who's reading the battle.

"I see, you train with the Ozo tribe?" Nin asked while continuously striking.

Kane jumped away to gain distance then he asked. "Are you one of his chosen students?"

"Nah, A pawn was his student. I was only watching, though I did learn it eventually. I also know it's flaws." Nin answered.

Nin charges in and never lets Kane gain a space. Her two-handed Broadsword is at it's best when striking directly. Minimizing the distance between them would be disadvantageous for the medium range weapon like the scythe.