Chapter 2

The good looking guy smiles at me. I gasp. He has a dimple for crying out loud!

He smirkes at my reaction. Then smiles again and says, "Do you want anything else? Or will a Coke..er... cold drink do?"

"Nope..um.. Thats it.. Thanks a lot." I manage to say.

The canteen guy is giving us weird looks now. The good-looking guy gives him a curt nod, pays for my cold drink, takes it in his hand and says, "Wanna hang out some place else?"

Yeah sure! I want to say. But the only problem is our campus isnt that big, and if a guy and a girl hang out, people usually talk. Atleast stare. But hell, here I am with a charming guy, and I have a devil-may-care attitude anyway. So screw it.

"Okay." I say and we go and sit under a huge tree.

"So who are you again?" I blurt out without thinking. It came out the wrong way. I should have simply said, "Hey Alia here. So unless you want me to call you I-could-fall-for-you-if-gravity-wasnt-doing-the-job-already-guy, can I know who you are?" Yeeesh. No way. I would have sounded like those cheerleaders I saw in High School Musical. Being rude is better. I am not exactly a nice person anyway.

The guy chuckles. He replies, "Hi, I'm Brad Pitt. And you are..?"

I snort. Yeah right! "Jennifer Aniston", I reply cheesily.

He laughs and says, "How about I call you gorgeous, and you call me charming?"

"Does that line actually work?" I ask skeptically. I'm not one of those easily floored by a guy.

"Did until now, babe."

"Okay, dont call me that. Ever." I say a little firmly than I intend to.

My phone suddenly rings.
"Hey lecture's over, you coming or what?" Tanvi my best-friend yells at me through the phone.

"Yup be there in a sec", I say.

"Where are you anyway?" She screams.

"You've got to stop screaming!" I reply irritated. "In the canteen. Be there in a few."

"Okay get me something to eat."

"How about my head?" I say.

"Shut up." She hangs up the phone.

"Okay gotta go." I tell the good looking guy. He smiles. "Sure, some other time then", he says. "I'm Ayush by the way. Nice meeting you today. If the canteen guy troubles you again, let me know."

How, magically? Atleast he could have given me his surname. I would have sent him a friend request on facebook. Maybe. I ignore that thought. "Sure", I say. "And thank-you for today." Although I could have totally kicked the canteen dude's ass on my own. "And thank you for the Coke. Here take twenty bucks." I give him the money. "For paying my drink. You didnt have to."

He politely refuses and gives me the money back. "Maybe some other time. See you around, gorgeous." He smiles.

"Its Alia", I say.

"Will keep that in mind, Ma'am", he winks at me. I blush like an idiot. Thats the first time since a very long time. He walks away, grinning.

My head feels light. My heart thuds a little faster. Jeez Alia, pull it together, girl. You cant get too attached to anyone, remember? Emotions are bad. Its just a bunch of chemical stuff in your head. Ignore. Ignore.

I grab a sandwich for Tanvi and head to class. She looks at my face, says thanks and suddenly whispers, "Your eyes are twinkling. What did you do?"