Dreams

It was New Year's Eve: five days since we put a stop to B.D., and the night before the boys were leaving for their year and a half long world tour.

Jared, Zonnique and Aaron were all arrested, and sentenced to 25 years in prison for their participation in Black Diamond. They went a little easier on Breaunna, because she actually tried to undo her wrongful actions. She got 5 years of prison with parole. Bahja, on the other hand, got the worst of it. She was sentenced to life in prison for attempted murder on eight accounts. That's pretty harsh for a seventeen year old girl, but, it's only fair.

I was trying to make every one of my last moments with the crew, because I know our relationship would definitely change over the next eighteen months. Their flight to Paris took off at three in the morning on January 1st, so they would have to leave as soon as we brought the new year in together. Our bond wouldn't be as strong after they left, so I wanted to savor every minute.

I glanced at the clock: 11:50. The boys struggled down the stairs of Conjunction House with their multiple suitcases. "Get ready guys, ten minutes, and then we have to be out of here," Keisha mentioned as she brought her suitcase down the staircase. Walter dropped his bags on the ground, and walked over to Ki'loni, Jamaya, Laurielle and I on the couch. "Hey girls, after we leave, is someone coming to pick you up? I don't want to leave you alone in the house." We all nodded. "Yeah, my mom is picking me up at twelve," I said.

"Me, too."

"Me three!"

"Me, four."

Walter simply smiled and nodded his head. He walked away, and Prince came prancing our way. He had noise makers and plastic wine glasses in his hands. "Guys, take these glasses. We're gonna make some toast before the new year," he said, smiling. We all smiled back, and each grabbed a glass. Roc came out of the kitchen with two bottles of sparkling Apple Cider. He filled up each of our cups, and put the bottles down. Princeton stood on a chair and got all of our attentions. "Guys, it's about 8 minutes until the new year. I wanted for us to make some toast before we have to leave for the airport. I want to go first," he said, clearing his throat.

"First, I'd like to make a toast to my brothers. For being my bros through all the hard times. I'm glad we get to spend another year together. This is for you guys." With that, he guzzled down every ounce of cider in his cup. The rest of us laughed and cheered. Ray stood up now with his glass in his hand. "Okay, um, I'd like to make a toast to Keisha and Walter! Keisha, for making sure we were bound to be successful in the music industry. Without you, I'd still be the snot nosed kid from Compton who didn't know what it meant to be Mindless. You're the best!" Ray took a sip of his cider and gave Keisha a huge hug. He continued speaking, "And Walter, for keeping the boys and I grounded, and being like the fatherly figure I've always wanted. Love you, Walt." He finished the rest of the cider and grabbed Walter up in a hug. He all "aww'ed", it was such a sweet moment. I decided to stand up and make a toast. "My turn," I said.

"First, I'd like to make a toast Princeton and Ray Ray for being such good friends to me. You guys are like my goofy brothers, and I'm so glad I've met you!" I took a small sip of my cider, and Prince and Ray beamed. "Second, I like to thank my best friends: Jamaya, Laurielle, Ki'loni and Roc. I've always considered you guys cushions for me when fall. Like, you're always there for me. I don't know how I would have gotten through this whole B.D. situation without you guys. I love you all so much." I took another small sip, and Jamaya stood up and tackled me in a hug. "I love you too girl," Jamaya said, cheesing. I playfully tossed Jamaya off of me, and I looked over to Roc. I could tell by the look in his eyes he felt the same way. "Best friends for life," I thought to myself.

I continued speaking, "Last, but definitely not last, I'd like to make a toast to the best boyfriend any girl could ask for." I turned to Prod. "Craig, I know we've definitely had our ups and downs, but you've stuck with me through it all. Without you, I don't know where I'd be. I love you so much." The whole room aww'ed as I poured my heart out to my amazing boyfriend.