Chapter 4 - A kind soul

I made some changes: Roman started his mission in January and has to complete it until the last yellow leaf falls.
Enough yammering, let's get into it. Hope you'll enjoy and stay safe!

Goodness, Roman should get used to loneliness... and to walk miles with no company... but with a torn cloak and at least he still has his-

Oh no.

On his way, Roman realized that he was so motivated to run after Cyclone to catch Flinch, that he even forgot to pick up his sword which he dropped in surprise when he had got blinded by the cloak he was wearing now... or did Flinch not only steal his loyal friend but his beautifully manicured sword too?!

He quickly learned that sometimes you have to adapt to the enemy.

The long walk finally paid off and Roman finally saw the signs of civilization. Truly, the fog was still present but it didn't fully hide the cottages and the little houses from his sight. In the grey sky, he even noticed a black bird flying and few people working around a windmill in the distance. They are probably harvesting wheat, he thought.

The more he wandered, the more buildings he saw, and the more the fog faded. He reached the town of an unknown land. Of course, he had to blend in but wearing the cloak that fully covered his prince suit, it felt strange not to attract the curious eyes of his subjects... or in this case: regular people. Even if he attracted eyes now, they were full of fear and judgment.

Which hit Roman really hard because... usually, he was admired by nearly... everyone.

Very few people not only stared but even growled at him while protecting their possessions. One even...

"You think I will let you steal my purse again?! Filthy thief!" she screamed with every hit of her bag on Roman who ended up falling to the ground, telling her that he's not a thief since a prince shall not use violence unless it's asked for.

"Ma'am! Who are you to attack a blue-blood?!"

"Aren't you too big-headed for thinking so highly of yourself? Don't think I've forgotten about you! I know that filthy cloak and that obnoxious voice. It makes me flinch every time...!" luckily, she stopped for a minute, unwillingly attracting glances of people around, both young and elderly.

"Flinch..?"

"You were the one robbing my booth at the market yesterday! Taking. All. The. Income!" there she goes again.

"Let me explain! I also got robbed by them!"

"And why should I believe you?!"

"As you can see, I don't have short black hair only a better attire!" Roman shouted and pulled the hood off, uncovering his face and piercing eyes.

"So!"

"Alright. Cease." Roman said while struggling to stand up "I was blinded with this cursed cloak they gave me. Yes! I'm on the run and lost everything! My home! My... family...!" he told her, running out of air.

She went speechless and tightened her grip on her bag "I..."

When Roman gained just enough air he turned away from the woman "Where am I even?!?" he asked willing to accept an answer from anyone.

That moment when they give you their attention at the wrong time is just... Wow!

"Boy." she shook her head "You got to find it out by yourself. We don't spread secrets." with that she went on with her day, leaving Roman completely hopeless.