Chapter 7 - The wonder of goods (1/2)

Mentions of Injury, blood
[FINALLY! I finished these two chapters, and honestly no wonder if some of you lost interest in this book, and I apologize for the slow updates, but if you're still interested I really appreciate it. Also the writing in the upcoming parts might be a bit worse since I haven't dealt with this book lately until now. Hope you had happy holiday with your loved ones and I wish all of you a happy new year! :)]

Roman took the garden shears (or with Roman's words: scissors) out of the ground without ease. Except...

Goodness, my hair...!

He reached for his cloak to cover his head, then let his eyes run through the large garden until he finally saw a familiar red blur on a branch of the tree.

Through angry mutterings wishing for a third eye on his back, Roman climbed the tree. The straw hat seemed a good solution to protect his hair temporarily from the rain until... he also realized that he needed a better shelter than what he had at the moment, and he had to exclude the castle in this case.

"Heh?" after all the searching, he finally found something that looked like a woodhouse with black spiky thick tendrils grown about it... including the door.

 including the door

Alright. Think of it as a quest. It would be much easier with a sword but... now I have to either use my wit... or my hands.

Roman looked down and slapped his forehead.

Or my eyes...! It's not a sword but it is worth a try, he thought and held the shears up.

"No plant will beat me!"

Fearless, he started to cut through the bundle of tendrils. He was unusually slow and incredibly clumsy... and cold but he was fuelled by fury that kept the last spec of warmth inside him. Both his and Remus' immune system were too strong to let such nuisance, like rain, bring Roman a cold. Maybe those afternoons playing in the rain weren't in vain when their father scolded them always.

After long minutes of slashing, Roman finally pulled the doorknob, went inside and immediately pulled off his soaked red shirt

"Aaargh, great!" He groaned while squeezing his clothes, "but... I shall consider this the daily bath done today! Though... not properly."