Chapter 6 - Stranger

(What the- chapter 5 and 6 got mixed up and I edited it, so I uploaded the chapter again. Sorry about that. I have no idea what's going on.)

Shoutout to my Mum who came up with Claude's name!

Roman was very overjoyed that his – according to him if he says so himself – brilliant performance had such an effect on the ruler of the Dark Land, that he let him stay.

Unintentionally so, those tales I adored about knights rising up from misery to glory did pay off.

After trying to remember the way back, he finally found himself in the garden again. Taking in the disorganized army of the black spiky plants, the dry rotten trees, his eyes went wide as his instincts hit him: his promise.

He reached inside his little bag and took his crown out. "Here we are, headwear of all," he said. "Farewell, Prince Roman of Flaremont... Greetings Not-so-official Gardener Roman... of the Dark Land."

Gone... Hopefully, it lands on the right place, on my bed.

...

Nay! What is there to worry about? I have mastered my summoning powers within my 25 years of existence on this very planet! No doubt! I am nowhere near a gardener but I shall do my best to master this profession as well!

...No... doubt...

Now...! Probably, starting with these branches would not be a bad idea...

! Probably, starting with these branches would not be a bad idea

- -

17th of January

It's been two days since the new guest, a stranger – that Roman – settled in. The king was, however, more than happy to provide him safety. It was likely that his life depended on it.

After all, he was in a place that no soul visits, ever.

And thus, for the first time... the king calmly attended his fencing lesson on this Thursday morning.

Unlike his advisor...