Chapter 8 - The wonder of goods (2/2)

Mentions of injuries

18th of January

A clear ocean blue sky woke Roman up with its radiance while the sun smiled back at him on this fine and warm morning... it would've been better if it wasn't just a last-minute dream, though! At least, it stopped raining. Though, having the red shirt dried didn't sound too bad either...

That really didn't, until he found himself in a nightmare instead, when he stepped out: those mundane grey clouds again with the addition of a sudden wind that slapped him in the face... and a piece of paper.

"What the-?! No tricks shall blind me again!" he scanned the paper "A rose?"

Out of all pages. Why this?

"What am I supposed to do with it, make a cootie catcher?!" 

Curses, his carelessness let the wind steal the paper. However, Roman's will to establish a rivalry with the weather didn't outgrow his will to focus on his task.

"Focus! The king is not curious about a lousy bag! I'm a lousy bag who can sing and...! Adapt, that's the word!" Roman ran into the storage house, and put on the now clean gumboots and his still wet shirt "Ew. Soggy." he could only hope that he wouldn't get even more sweaty "Now... what would a prince... urgh, gardener do...? Use your wit, Roman."

Eventually, he chose to go with a rake in the corner "Aha! Those bushes are big so this monster with its claws shall do the trick." then he noticed the sickle on the wall "You might need a sharp company to defeat the enemy once and for all." and went outside, ready to slay....

Unfortunately, it wasn't easier than last time.

"Oh, come on! Just come OUT!" Roman tried to pull the black spiky bushes out with the rake but ended up falling on the ground instead. "Why did you, claws, betray me?! Pf... never mind." he threw the rake away and grabbed the sickle "You may be alone... but don't disappoint like Sir Lotsaclaws here." he huffed a chuckle and stood up "Now or never."

And he struck down.

...

"At last! Whoo!" Roman would've gladly did the victory dance if he hadn't seen that it was only one branch he cut "HMMMMhnnghhAAAAAAARGH....!!! Ooooh, those who were born with superspeed!"

He inhaled, running his fingers through his wet hair.

"But... I chose it. Freedom!" And kicked the sand, only to meet with a spiky root.

Finally, after the metaphorical fume of his frustrations flew by, Roman looked around and started to reach for the deepest pits of his thoughts.

"I'm... in a garden." he huffed "You are a bush. Not a monster, just a simple plant... where do you come from...?" Roman cackled as he bended and slashed the trunk of the bush "One advice from Mama that still remains is to always look for the root of the problem! Hah! Easy as pie."