Chapter 18

So I'll tell you this now, I have no problem with gay or lesbian people. I actually know a few close friends that are, so I don't mean anything bad by this chapter. I don't judge and I'm not trying to be judgemental or mean or anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18

"What are you doing here?!" I demand of Sahara.

"I came to see my daughter. I haven't seen you for two years and then some." The women that kicked me out replies.

"And whose fault is that, I wonder." I spit at her.

"You can't really blame me Jade. You and your dad are the ones at fault here. Your dad because he made the choice of making you a fighter," She says fighter like it's venom on her tongue. "And you because you chose to stay in that life."

"Yeah, okay. Put the blame on other people when it was fully your choice to kick me out! But whatever." I say. I can feel my sense slowly heighten and I say to Rob, "Get Drew." When he doesn't move, I almost shout at him, "Now!" He'll be able to keep me calm even though I wish I didn't need him. I'd rather Drew be here then me have an episode with three non-fighters and non-Kinetics.

Rob nods and quickly runs out of my room. I'm breathing through my mouth ever so slightly now. I close my eyes and try to calm down as much as I can with Sahara being in the same room as me.

Suddenly my door flies open and I open my eyes quickly. Drew comes running to me. He doesn't even have to ask me what's wrong. All he needs is one look at me and he knows that I'm on the verge of losing control. He stops in front of me and for a minute I think he's going to say something, but instead he pulls me to his chest and gives me a strong hug.

"Please help me." I whisper so quietly in his ear. He nods slightly and pulls back. He grabs the shirt I've kept clenched in my fist and slides it over my head. I slip my arms through the appropriate holes and fix it. No reason Alexis or Sahara have to see my scars. That would just cause questions I don't wanna answer. Ever.

"Do you got water or something?" Drew asks me. I nod and point to the table behind him. He turns and grabs a bottle then hands it to me. I take a few slow sips.

"Let's sit." Drew says, pointing to my unmade bed. I nod again and sit down on the edge, but Drew also sits but with his back against the wall and he pulls me beside him. I just hope it's so that he could keep me in check.

Sahara has been silent ever since I told Rob to get Drew. Now she breaks that silence. "Who, are you?!" She demands Drew. He grabs my hand because it was curling into a fist.

"I'm Drew. A friend of Jade's." He replies.

"Just a friend?! You just dressed her! You are more than just a friend!" Sahara says angrily. Why does she care so much?

Drew sighs and I know he's going to lie.

"I'm a close friend to Jade, but we are just friends. I'm gay so she's not anything morethan a good friend." Drew says. I know it's a lie but it still takes me by surprise.

Sahara looks taken aback at this lie. So she actually believes it! That's hilarious! I can even see Rob trying to keep a straight face at this. I don't even know how Drew is.

"You're ... gay?" Sahara asks quietly. Then she stands up straighter and points at him, "Get out! The Ryder family wants nothing to do with gay people." Again, she says this as if it's venom burning her mouth.

Normally when I hear something like this, my mouth would drop open. But this time, both my fists curl and all Drew can do is keep a good grip on both my hands so that I don't hit her.