Epilogue: Safe Once More

When the traveler's light finally faded out and Spe-7 and Suzuka could see once more, they found themselves standing before the Vex teleporter that Cayde had set up, with no sign of the light being that was once Ghaul. The Immortal and all cabal warships around the city had been completely erased from existence by the traveler, and Zavala and the other guardians found themselves reimbued with their light once more.

"We... We did it!" Spe-7 cheers as Suzuka looks at the traveler proudly.

"We did it... We saved the traveler... We saved the city- no- the entire universe..." Suzuka says to herself as she looks at Taiki, who's being tended to by Cayde.

"Damn, that war beast must have gotten you good huh?" Cayde asks. "At least Sundance was able to reattach my arm. You on the other hand? I think your little light here has a lot of work to do."

"Even if he can't I can just ask Banshee to see if he can help me out." Taiki chuckles as Cayde tries- and fails- to reattach Taiki's arm.

"Considering how bad the damage is, you might just have to get a new arm all together." Cayde replies as Hawthorne meets up with them.

"Well I'll be darned." Hawthorne chuckles. "I think you're finally starting to get old Taiki."

"What? No way." Taiki laughs.

"But you two really did it. You took out Ghaul AND woke up the traveler all in one." Hawthorne says.

"The traveler did well choosing you two alongside me to get our light back." Taiki chuckles as everyone transmats to the tower. Everyone is starting to return to their normal places, with Kadi returning to her mail post and Tess returning to her spot in the Eververse shop- even Banshee is back to fixing up weapons.

"You know... I've kind of been wondering for myself..." Spe-7 mumbles. "Why did the traveler pick us... Out of everyone else to bring back? Me and Suzuka, we're just your average wallflowers... I'm just surprised that we were brought back for this."

"Any idea where the speaker is?" Taiki asks.

"He was lost in the war." Zavala replies. "But we must not let it falter us."

"Understood." Taiki replies as he takes off his helmet. "Anyways Spe, back when the speaker was still alive, I had that same exact question. Before I was just a plain ol' anybody, and then I find myself back to life and kicking alien butt whenever I needed to. I asked the speaker the same exact question that you asked me."

"What did he tell you?" Spe-7 asks as she and Suzuka take off their helmets.

"The light lives in all places, in all things. You can block it, even try to trap it, but the light will find it's way." Taiki replies, remembering those exact words the speaker told him. "I still can't believe it." He chuckles, looking at his two newfound friends. "You two have shown yourselves to be just as capable, if not even more than me. I used to be the one to save lives and all of that whole shebang, I guess I'm finally getting the favor returned by you two." He then slowly walks over. "What I'm saying is, I'm proud of you two, and I look forward to continuing to work with you."

"Aww thanks!" Spe and Suzuka reply as the three go for a group hug.

"Go get 'em tiger." Cayde chuckles as he takes his leave, followed closely by Ikora.

"Taiki has every right to say that." Zavala says, smiling for the first time. "The vanguard has been keeping track of your successes, and you've shown yourselves to be able to do the impossible, just like Taiki has before you. You three are going to make for an unstoppable fireteam." He adds as he gently pats them on the back. "Be brave, guardians." He says as he takes his leave, leaving Taiki, Suzuka and Spe to admire the traveler.

The End