Matthew Espinosa Request for Skyla

You roll your eyes as the science teacher rambles on and on about dumb biology. Glancing out the window of the classroom, all you really want to do is go outside. It's the last few weeks of school in the middle of hot, sunny June.

You consider going penny boarding right after school, around town, maybe down to the beach. Looking down at your outfit, you wonder if you should change first, maybe to something more comfortable. You're wearing white wash shorts with studded pockets, your pink Chuck-Taylors with your hair down and curled in loose waves, and a black tanktop that says "#selfie" in white lettering. Pretty much your favorite summer outfit.

Your thoughts completely drift off subject to your favorite person ever, your boyfriend Matthew. You love his style, his adorable graphic tshirts and khakis, his Diamond Supply Co pullovers (which you steal all the time), and his beanies that go so perfectly with his blonde sandy hair. Most of all, you love when he takes you penny boarding. He's so fun to be around, he's just generally an amazing person, and an even greater boyfriend.

"And Skyla, what's the answer?" you pop out of your daydream, and don't have the slightest clue what the question is. "Um, could you repeat the question?" you say and bite your lip, wincing at how dumb you probably sound. The teacher rubs her eyes with her hands and says, "Please pay attention Skyla. The question was who proposed the theory of continental drift-" the bell rings and all the students jump up, collecting their papers and books quickly, rushing out of the classroom.

You breathe out, wow, saved by the bell, that must be the 8th time this week.

Rushing out of the classroom, you think about your earlier thoughts about penny boarding. You open your locker and collect your bag. Slinging your bag over your shoulder, you pick up your penny board and tuck it under your arm. You walk to the doors of the school, finally getting to go home.

You hear the sound of vans running on pavement, the one you know so well, before a pair of arms wrap around your waist. Smiling, you instantly know who it is. "Hey babe!" Matt says in your ear. "Hey Matt," you say and tilt your head to kiss him. He turns you around by your waist and kisses you. "Whatcha want to do today sweetheart?" he says and slings his arm around your shoulder. You both turn and walk, to Matt's house of course.

You shrug and Matt smiles and shakes his head. "You know, you're so crazy Skyla. Like one minute, you can be let's-go-do-something-cool and then the next minute you can be like let's-do-nothing-because-I-don't-know-what-to-do. You're so strange and funny and quirky and adorable, I don't know, I just-" he turns to you. He looks straight into your eyes and says, "I just love you, okay?" you smile and say, "okay."

Matt puts his arm around your shoulder again, but this time takes your hand too. You both keep walking in silence for a couple moments, then Matt says, "That Tfios moment." You break out into a giggle fit and Matt laughs a bit.

Finally getting to Matt's house, you both walk into the garage, which is almost always open at Matt's house. His mum is always home, so she leaves the garage open incase Matt leaves his house key at home. Grabbing your hand, Matt pulls you inside the house. You walk in behind him still holding onto his hand. "Mum I'm home!" Matt calls. He pulls you up to his room and past the computer room in which his mum is working on the computer. "Okay Matthew! Hi Skyla!" she calls as you and Matt walk by.

You giggle slightly at the fact that his mum called him Matthew. "What's it with you?" Matt says and you giggle again. "Matthew," you immitate his mum and Matt rolls his eyes. "Oh stop it," he says. He pulls you into his room and you sit comfortably on the edge of his bed, like you always do when you go over. You toss your bag onto his beanbag chair, still holding your penny board. Matt goes over to his closet to pick out something else to wear. He told you he likes to wear different things after school and to different places, and you figured it made sense. Sounds like something Matthew would do.

He pulls out his light mint blue Diamond supply co crew neck and holds it up. "Yep," you say and nod approvingly. He sets it down on the back of his desk chair for a moment before taking his tshirt over his head. You giggle and cover your eyes with your hand, sneaking a glance at him. He catches your eye and smirks at you. You squeak and put your other hand up to your eyes also. You giggle and pretend you didn't meet glances with him.

Matt grabs your hands and pulls them away from your eyes. "I see you peeking!" he says and you giggle again. "No I wasn't!" you lie and he laughs at you while lacing his hands with yours. "Yes you were!" he says and you laugh too. You and Matt had a good laugh at that, and Matt finally put on his crew neck once he made you tell the truth. He rolls up his sleeves, considering it's June and it's also 80 degrees.

He grabs your hand once again and pulls you out into the garage. Picking up his penny board, he says, "Wanna skate down to the beach?" you nod. Carrying your penny boards down to the quiet road, Matt takes your hand.

You and Matt skate all the way down the beach, Matt holding your hand the whole time. You near the beach and glance at Matt. He's already looking at you. "Sand leap?" you giggle and nod. You and Matt have a routine for skating down to the beach, when you get to where the sand meets the pavement, you jump off your penny boards onto the sand, and race to the water. Whoever gets there first, wins.

You both jump off your penny boards and onto the sand, running at full speed to the water. Matt runs close behind you. Your feet are just about to touch the water, and you jump. Matt scoops you up and throws you over his shoulder just as you're about to land in the water. "Matt! no fair!!" you giggle as he splashes into the water. You didn't even touch the water before Matt picked you up. You slide down and he holds you bridal style.

"I win!" Matt says and kisses your nose. "You cheated!" you giggle and dip your foot in the water, bringing it up and flinging water into his hair. "Hey! Don't splash me!" he laughs and dips you back, so the ends of your hair touch the water. You scream and he laughs, tipping you back further. You put your arms around the back of his neck, holding on so you don't fall into the water.

He picks you up and says, "come on, let's go home, I'm freezing!" He puts you down in the water. You jump and tug on his crew neck. "ITS FREEZING!" you screech and jump on his back. Matt laughs and carries you on his back onto the sand. He sets you down on your penny board and you both skate back to Matts house.

Once you get back, it's almost dark out, and the sun is going down quickly. He puts both the penny boards away and pulls you inside. It's pretty late, about 8:30. You yawn and Matt laughs. "Are you tired?" he says. You nod and rub your eyes. He takes you to his room and pulls out one of his crew necks and a pair of black Nike cheer shorts that you leave at Matts house for when you sleep over.

He hands them to you and you go to change. You put on your shorts and slip on Matts crew neck. It smells exactly like him. You pull the sleeves over your hands like you always do. Putting you hair up into a messy bun, you walk back into Matt's room. "Hey Matt, can I sleep over?" you say and bury your face in his chest. He hugs you back and says into your hair, "of course you can."

You sigh and say, "Thanks Matt." He kisses the top of your head. You pull away and jump onto his bed, pulling the covers over your head. Matt goes over and climbs into the bed. You cuddle into his chest as he wraps his arms around your waist. "Goodnight princess," he says and kisses you.

A/N heyyy I hope you like it because I didn't know how I thought about it. If you don't like it then I'll write you a new one :)

Anywaysss thanks for 900 reads lovelies! Updating soon see you later!