Chapter 4- Bucky Hates Flying

Bucky and Sam left Wakanda first thing in the morning, as they knew overstaying their welcome wasn't a great idea.

They had been given some money to get back to America, and they were in a small cafè in Brooklyn. Bucky and Steve used to go there back in the day and it hadn't changed much other than the food and staff.
"So," Sam started, "where to?"
"Avengers compound? We need to warn them about Hydra's plans."
"Good idea, only we don't know their plans." Sam said, with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.
"Well we know they have a highly dangerous weapon. Thats never good."
"True..."
"So Avengers compound?"
"Sure, Buck."
Bucky gave him a death-glare as Sam sipped his coffee innocently.

Sam didn't agree with Bucky very often, but when he did it was usually quick and decisive.

"How are we going to get there? Taxi?" Bucky asked.
"I can fly dipshit."
"And me?"
"I'll just carry you."
"No," he shook his head, "Not happening."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."

Sam stood up and walked out the cafè, Bucky rolled his eyes and followed a few minutes after. He'd been carried by Sam once before and he hated every second of it and was not willing to endure it again.

Bucky turned down the alley Sam had and recognised it instantly as the one Steve had been beaten up in numerous times. A sad smile found his way onto his face, and although he was over Steve romantically, his loss still hurt. He'd lost his best friend all and it was all becuase he wanted to go back and spend his life with a woman... Bucky couldn't blame him, but he was mad at him nonetheless the less.

Someone dropped from the roof behind him and grabbed him round the waist. Bucky turned around and punched the person with his metal arm, but was met by wings of vibranim.
"Woah! Calm down there Buck!"
"Oh my God Sam... don't do that..."
Sam lowered his wings, he had changed into his new gear that Shuri had given him.
"Hey man, I was just trying to get you in the air. Forgot how jumpy you were."
"I'm not jumpy, I just have good reflexes."
"Uh-huh sure. You ready to go?"
"Whatever. Don't drop me."
Sam picked him up and they took off.

Bucky didn't know had Sam had the strength to pick him up, he presumed it was just the wings doing all the work. Sam's arms were wrapped around him tightly from behind and they were incredibly close.
Well they were until Sam dropped him.

Bucky fell for a long time and the wind hit his face like a tidal wave. He tumbled through the air and almost hit the road where dozens of cars were buzzing around the street, but a pair of arms reached out and grabbed him just in time.
"AGH! SAM!" Bucky yelled.
"Sorry," Sam laughed, clearly not sorry. Bucky was sure he did it on purpose.
"If you do that again I swear I'll-"
Sam did it again, but held on to his left hand so he was just loosley hanging below him.
"This better?"
"At least I don't have to be as close to you..."
Well that was a lie. Bucky felt very unsafe and it reminded him of the last time he saw Steve before he became the Winter Soldier. Although it gave it gave him horrible memories, he didn't want to ask Sam to hold him close in fear he might give off the wrong impression, so he just stayed there.

Eventually, Sam did pull him back as he felt kind of bad, but he just said he didn't want Bucky's metal arm to fall off as an exuse.

They flew peacefully for a bit until something shot at Sam and he rolled out of the way, making sure to protect Bucky too.
Bucky got a small device out of his pocket and it turned into a gun. He silently thanked Shuri as he aimed his weapon at the attackers.

They flew in, Bucky firing, managing to knock down a few people without missing a shot. They landed on the roof and Sam let go of Bucky grabbing his own weapons and they worked their way through the attackers. Redwing swooped in and helped too, though Bucky insisted they didn't need his help.

Once all the enemies had been shot down, Bucky walked over to one of them and inspected the body. They were wearing civilian clothing, but had a Hydra weapon.
"Hydra..." Bucky muttered as he stood.
"Of course it was..."
They both survayed the roof to make sure they hadn't missed anyone anyone weren't going to get jumped.
Just as Sam was going to get Bucky and go, Redwing came back with a piece of video footage.
"Hey Buck! Redwing has something."
They both watched the footage from a small screen on one of Sam's arm guards and it showed a man with a camera facing the building they were fighting on. The guy took the camera off the tripod after a while and smiled, satisfied with that he'd done and turned to leave. That's when Bucky and Sam saw the Hydra logo on his back.
"This isn't good..." Bucky said.
"He recorded us taking out bad guys. Unless he's going to use it to show everyone how scared you are of flying, then you don't have anything to worry about."
"The 'bad guys' were in civilian clothing Sam..."
"And? We know they were Hydra."
"The people watching won't."
"Shit..."