Chapter 11- The Confession

"So," Sam said, coming back from the bathroom, "what did you want to tell me?"
Sam's arm was in a sling and Bucky managed a smile watching him attempt to close the door.

"Well, uh... You know that dream you had?"
"Hey man, I get it, you don't feel the same way. I shouldn't have even dreamt it, alright?"
"No... no thats not what I was saying..."
"Go on then..." Sam was more curious now.
"Well maybe it could happen. Me and you, but if it did, don't think I'd stop making fun of you."
"Obviously,  same goes for you," Sam smiled, "but what your saying is...?"

Bucky didn't want to say it directly but it looked like he had to. He took a deep breath and stood to look Sam in the eye. Soon, he realised this wasn't a good idea and he probably should've avoided eye contact all costs, but it was too late to go sit back down, so he glanced at the floor, then at Sam then the floor again.

"What I'm saying is... what I'm saying is that I like you... I like you more than I'd like to admit," his face had gone bright red and eye contact was becoming more and more difficult.
"Very funny man," Sam punched Bucky playfully with his good arm.
Buck looked up at Sam, face red as a tomato and on the verge of tears; it didn't take long for him to realise Bucky was serious.
"Wait, so you mean it? Like you like like me?"
He nodded slowly, and Sam stayed quiet in shock.
"I'll just go," he said, "I've made this... weird." Bucky went to leave.
"No wait," Sam went to grab him but remembered what happened last time and decided to stand in front of him instead, "Man you know I like you too."
"Well I was just... well just worried I was over thinking and thought maybe you were just joking and you were playing with me and- and you were lying and well I-" Bucky was talking faster than his mind could processes and making no sense.
"Dude just shut up and kiss me."

Bucky stopped immediately and looked at Sam shocked. He wanted to kiss him, he really did but he didn't know how. Was it different with men? Him and Steve could never do anything like that; it was illegal when they were kids, but now... but now everything was different. He could kiss Sam without consequences... he could be himself.

Sam stepped closer to Bucky so their faces were almost touching, making sure he didn't bump his bad arm.
"May I?" He whispered.
"Absolutely..." Bucky said.
As their lips touched, Bucky felt like he was flying, his heart rate picked up and his hand went all sweaty.

They pulled away after a few seconds, but Bucky went in again, cupping Sam's face in his hand.

"Hey guys-" Scott Lang walked in, "Oh, uh... I'll come back later."
He left before they noticed and decided to keep his mouth shut; he didn't want a vibranium fist through his face.