Weapons Engaged

~-Link Vrains-~

Revolver's POV

When it came to the Ignis, I never broke a promise, especially one on hunting them down. However, after Ai's retrieval, Divine's trails were easier to find. Baria's virus had failed to find them, but in the process locked onto slivers of codes that could be used to find the duelist and her partner. That realization had come when the firewalls protecting the duels kept repairing themselves despite my lieutenants' best efforts. With Divine dueling, it would've taken someone else to keep the knights at bay.

A glimmer of light kept me from continuing my thoughts further. The small trail of data material started getting wilder and the light approached. I kept myself hidden on the platform above. Slowly the glimmer, turned into a figure, before being close enough to see the duelist. She had fair skin with a white short ponytail with a gold streak on the left and a dark yellow streak on the right. She simply wore a pair of white jeans, a gold shirt, a black coat, and black boots. The girl flew past quickly on the d-board. I jumped off the platform, my own d-board forming underneath me.

The slivers of codes we had found, led us to the border of Link Vrains and the darknet. Rare data was always flowing through there and with some coding, it was clear Divine was after something there. This was one of the easiest and fastest ways along the border. We had sensors here but upon arrival, all of them were on loops, feeding us false information in between this time period. I had expected Divine to come across, but it was this duelist that did.

"Glitch," a voice echoed.

Her eyes widened in fear as she turned back to see me gaining on her. Her d-board quickly accelerated as she tried to lose me. Even a bit away, I could see her try to log out via duel disk. It seemed the redone programs had seceded. The girl glanced back again as she realized the situation she was in.

"You have nowhere to run," I announced as I pulled beside her.

This time, the girl looked at me and did not look away again. Her golden eyes were full of fear but of determination as well. She stood tall on her whited-board with golden accents along with its oval frame. She stood tall as I faced her.

"Please leave Revolver. This is not your business," the girl demanded.

"You have revived the dark ignis, a threat to humanity. As a protector of it, I have to disagree," I persisted.

"I understand that Revolver," the girl muttered," You are not the only one who is protecting someone."

I raised an eyebrow. If this girl was with Divine, she must have been one of, perhaps the one, that has kept Divine such a mystery to us.

"I challenge you to a duel," I said.

A duel would allow me to quickly gain the info I needed and stop this girl from helping Divine with whatever she had planned. The answer was another blast of wind as the girl propelled herself down onto a flying island close by. I followed. She knew she couldn't escape, so why she was attempting to run. Her duel board vanished as she landed on the island, with a quick turn she faced me.

"A master duel then," I mused.

Master duels allowed the true power to link monsters to be released. While I didn't know what this girl was capable of in a duel, a speed duel would have been a better strategy against me than a master duel.

"I am sorry Revolver, but I never accepted your challenge," the girl smiled.

I small sense of shock passed through me, "Why?"

"Well, it's simple really," she shrugged, " I don't have a deck to duel with."

"You can't log into Vrains without a deck a deck," I informed dully.