From the Dark

~-Zaizen Residence-~

-Aoi's POV-

I set my school bag down on the couch as I passed it.

"Welcome home," my home bot greeted me.

"Thank you," I smiled as it stopped in front of me.

"Your brother had a last minute appointment today. He won't be back until late," the house bot beeped.

"Figured," I sighed sadly.

I walked around the bot and headed towards my room. Even with Akira being the CEO the last six months, I was hoping he would get today off at least. I guess not. The door creaked as I shut the door to my room. I stood there for a moment, just wanting time to stop for a moment. The only noise I could hear was the AC's soft blow and a car sounded from the street many floors below. I slowly approached my bed, my feet barley making any sound. My blanket crinkled as I sat down on it. I gazed into my duel disk.

"Will you fight with me?" her words rang in my mind.

It still hurt. Was this what Fujiki, Miyu and the other felt like after the incident. A darkness that clings onto you, and doesn't let go?

I was snapped out by my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Aoi Zaizen," I answered, still gazing into my duel disk.

"Hey Aoi, its Kusanagi," the voice on the other end answered.

"Is something wrong?" I asked perking up.

"You wouldn't believe what I just found?" he seemed to smile through the phone.

"Just cut to the chase please," I signed annoyingly.

"I just found a big portion of Ignis data and I have two almost impossible shielding avatars heading towards it."

"Fujiki? I asked, tightening my grip on the phone," Wait Ignis data?"

"It seems Ai is still a hard program to get rid of. Good old Yusaku probably knows that is part of him and is trying to get him back, but it seems our favorite Hanoi leader is back in action too."

"Playmaker is trying to get his partner back,"I muttered my voice almost a whisper," while Revolver is going to destroy the last of the Ignis."

"I won't be able to stop him right now but I can whip up an escape program to use against him if needed," Kusanagi responded.

"You need me to back up Fujiki then," I wondered.

"Partly yes, but...can you make sure he is are alright?" Kusanagi seemed to beg.

I answered with silence. Fujiki...Yusaku hadn't shown his face in VRAINS or the real world for six months. He had to be doing something. Perhaps trying to find himself after all that had happened. I knew that feeling. I could tell Kusanagi missed his friend. They seemed almost like brothers really.

"I'll go," I nodded a firmly.

"Thank you,"Aoi," he replied," The coordinates will pop on your duel disk as soon as you log in. The escape program will come through that way too when it is ready."

"I understand," I affirmed as I hung up the call.

I grabbed my Marincesses that sat on my dresser by my bed.

"Please, fight with me this time...Aqua," I muttered quietly. "Into the VRAINS!"

~-LINK VRAINS-Random Floating Island-~