Double Trouble

~-Link VRAINS-~

Yusaku/Playmaker's POV

There is was. A small pulse called out to me. It was cyberse...Ai. My eyes snapped open. The world of Link VRAINS stretched beyond me. I did not hesitate to jump of the ridge I was standing on and summon my D-board below me. My hair wiped violent as I summoned a data storm to carry me to the coordinators.

For six months I had been looking for my partner...my best friend. I gazed down at my empty duel disk. How many times did threaten him, insult him, ignored him? I couldn't even count and yet he always was there for me. Every moment I could feel his data breaking apart through my fingers, unable to force them back together again, to save him from what he thought was inevitable. I know why he did what he thought was right. I had come across those simulations he saw. To see those events, to be apart of them over and over again, knowing it may actually happen more...to lose hope on something you believed in your very core, fall apart to pieces. I understood.

There was three reasons I needed to find Ai. One, to apologize for everything I had done to him in the past. Not being a good partner and a better friend. Two, save him from his darkness. A never engulfing darkness that blocked all the light and hope one person had. I could never willing let someone live like that after ten years in that darkness, especially a friend. Three, to get my friend back. We were both stubborn but I knew deep down Ai never wanted to hurt anybody. He was sad about his friends death and he couldn't stand with others dying by his hands. I just had to convince him we could change the data and the future.

Before I could continued my thoughts further, my link sense drawled my attention. I gritted my teeth and narrowed my eyes on what I felt. The data was moving but now was trapped inside a duel disk. Someone had captured him, but I didn't know who it was. It could be an number of suspects, but no matter. I was going to rescue Ai.

~-Link VRAINS-~

Divine's POV

I started running when the alarms sounded on my duel disk. I didn't stop to let the door open all the way as I entered the dark room. The blue monitors kept flashing showing different messages I didn't have time to focus on at the moment.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Seina yelled as monitors beeped.

"What is it Seina?" I asked my partner as I halted behind her.

Her teeth gritted as she worked on multiple monitors at once. Her focus was on the data coming through as she answered," Modicum got it. The last of Ai's data."

"What?!" I choked,"H..How?!"

"I haven't really ran the possibilities at the moment," she offered me a quick glance," I am working on trying to block them from leaving and getting any unwanted guests."

I hardened my gaze. I couldn't fret at this. I had too much to do.

"Do you already have the coordinators?" I inquired.

My duel disk beeped once as if to answer.

"First thing I did when I found out what happened," she let off a sly smile as she continued to work with the screens.

"No time to waste then," I responded.

With a quick tap of my duel disk, I connected to a different server. I free falled for a moment before my D-board appeared below me, its jets going full blast. A second later could mean disaster.

"Hold on Divine. It's about to get a little rough," Seina's voice sounded from my duel disk.

I didn't question Seina. I braced myself as my duel disk started glowing. A portal appeared before me. I focused intently on my balance as my d-board swayed back in forth against the force of the portal. As I regained control a light shown in front of me. As soon as I had entered Seina's shortcut, I was out of it.