|| 3||

A redheaded boy who seemed to be in 2nd or 3rd grade got home from school to see his dad sitting at the table.

"oh hello, reki." the boy smiled.

"Hi!" 

...

"Reki do you want to know why I was waiting for you to get home?"

reki shook his head slowly.

"well your teacher sent me your grades from this week" 

reki stiffened.

"your lowest score was 4/10 and your highest was 6/10... do you know what that is in letter form ?"

reki looked down.

"n-no?" 

"that's what I thought a 4/10 would equal to 40% which depending on your school's grading system you would get an E or an F"

"o-oh... what about the 6/10?" 

...

"that would score you a C now reki are the grades that I just listed good or bad?" 

reki thought for a second.

"b-bad?" his dad looked at him.

"well at least you got that right but  either  way these grades are bad. So tell me why are your grades so bad?"

"I don't know?" 

reki's dad stood up and walked towards the boy.

The man raised his hand and smacked the boy across the face making him fall.

"I didn't agree to have a child to have it be as stupid as you!"  the man said picking up a heavy book from the counter.

"WAIT PLEASE DONT HURT ME!" 

...

Reki's face was wet from tears. he quickly covered his mouth realizing what he just did. it seemed like the whole room. 

Langa looked at reki with shocked and concerned eyes.

"reki-" 

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry!"  reki yelled Langa's heart dropped.

"reki-"

"I should have been quiete-" 

Langa pulled reki into his arms as he nuzzled his head into rekis shoulder. 

"shh... it's not your fault... it was just a dream no one will hurt you."

langa whispered to reki. 

"i... I don't know what you're going through but ill always be here for you."

in all honesty, langa had no clue what to do.

after awhile reki fell back asleep.

'Why didn't I notice... why didn't you tell me sooner.' Langa thought as he drifted back to sleep.