"Kurosawa..."

"Hmm?"

Adachi wanted to ask something but as what he always wanted to just let all go.

"Why am I embarrassed to ask him?", the 30-year old thought to himself.

His partner, Kurosawa, is curious about his boyfriend suddenly calling him. As much as he loves to hear him call his name, he also know all too well that there is something meddling his boyfriend's mind.

Both boys are currently on Adachi's place, their "safe haven" as Kurosawa describes it. Ever since they started going out, this is where they usually stay when the both of them feels like doing nothing. Adachi, being a couch potato, doesn't want to do much while Kurosawa... well, he practically like going everywhere as long as he's with his "angel".

Wanting to get closer, Kurosawa gently moved himself to Adachi.

"What's on your mind?"

The younger man looked at him with his big, round eyes. Adachi is fidgeting his fingers but was trying to calm himself down.

It's been a few months since they became a couple but Adachi is still adjusting, somehow. Kurosawa finds this cute though, he is patient with Adachi still trying to navigate this relationship thing since everything is still a first for him so he doesn't pressure him much.

"N-nothing."

"Adachi, I know that you want to say something."

He kept quiet while Kurosawa waited.

This is one of those times where Kurosawa wished he had Adachi's now gone mind powers so he can use it to "hear" what he's thinking. If he has the power, like the last time he thought about it, he would be able to know what Adachi wants and he'll do ever just thing that he can for him.

Adachi let out a sigh and Kurosawa looked back at him.

"Gommen, I'm embarrassed to ask Kurosawa about something," he said.

"What is it, then? Adachi, promise. I won't do anything else but answer you."

"Well, I wanted to know is... w-when did you start liking me?"

Kurosawa nodded a bit and smiled. "I thought you're going to ask something that I can't answer."

Adachi looked at the chuckling boy and he smiled, too. He knew that even in just a simple smile from him can make someone's day better. He is sort of a sunflower that brightens Adachi's day and he's glad that Kurosawa is here with him.

"Do you want me to answer you in a short way or the long one?"

"I'd go with both, please."

Kurosawa chuckled again at his cute boy, making the said boy embarassed. He wants to cuddle him right now but didn't do so. "Maybe later", he thought.

"Short answer, 7 years."

Adachi looked at him in shock.

"Ehhh?"

"Yes. That long, Adachi. Ever since that one night, do you remember it? You might not but I hope you do."

The boy did think about what happened 7 years ago. He does not remember much of what happened since this year is already too much for him. After a few minutes of thinking and digging every inch of memory that he has...

"Are you pertaining to the night where we had dinner with the client and you drank the wine for me?"

Kurosawa smiled. He was relieved that he was able to remember it. It may not be a special night for Adachi but it is for him.