Epilogue

I once again find myself submerged in darkness, and my head starts throbbing. I slowly open my eyes. I immediately get a feeling of Déjà vu as I find myself in a bed I've never seen before. But instead of Kiibo watching me there's Himiko, a worried look spread across her face.

 But instead of Kiibo watching me there's Himiko, a worried look spread across her face

"...Himiko?" I ask. Her eyes widen. "You're awake!" She jumps out of the chair she had been sitting on and wraps her arms around me. "Gah!- Himiko what happened?" She takes a step back. "Sorry- You were knocked unconscious when that branch fell on you..." I can see guilt appear on her face "I should've been more careful-!" Before she can finish I interrupt her. "Himiko this isn't your fault" She looks down.

Before either of us can say anything else, the door opens and Shuichi walks in. He raises his eyebrows when he notices me looking at him and quickly makes his way over. "Maki you're alright!" He exclaimed. I nod. "We were worried about you!" He says as he sits down. I look around the room but can't seem to find a clock. "...How  long have I been out?" I ask. "About a day" Himiko explains. "Huh" I blink. "How are you feeling?" Shuichi asks. "I'm alright... my head hurts a bit but it's fine" I notice a bandage wrapped around my head. "I had a strange dream...." They look like they're about to say something, but suddenly a nurse comes in.

I was later discharged from the hospital and we went back to our motel. That night Shuichi and I once again found ourselves training.

"Done" I say, sitting up. "Wha- how???" Shuichi exclaims. I shrug. Shuichi sighs and continues doing his sit-ups. After some time Shuichi stops. "Hey Maki?" "Hm?" "Earlier you said something about a dream, what kind of dream was it?" I take a moment to consider his question. I look up at the stars, as I'm reminded of my adventure. I'm reminded of how Himiko was willing to help me get home, of Gonta protecting me against the bears, I'm even reminded of Kokichi as he rode off on Daisy. But most of all, I remember that feeling of joy as I danced with Kaito... As I think of it all I can't help but smile softly. I look back at Shuichi "...It was a beautiful dream..."

Thank you all for reading Maki's Dream! I know the ending wasn't the best, but all the same I hope you enjoyed it! I hope to write more Fanfictions in the future, so look out for those! I hope you have an amazing day/night! ❤️