Angel

Sander woke up with a big smile on his face. It was the most rested night he had in weeks. Looking at the time, he sent a text to Robbe: Sleep well? 😘 Robbe didn't reply, he was probably still asleep. Sander breathed out a long contented sigh, lying on his bed with the lingering smell of Robbe in his head. After a while, he got up and got ready for school.

Climbing down the stairs with spring in his steps, singing under his breath; he walked into the kitchen and kissed his mom on her cheek. "Good morning my most beautiful mother!"

"Morning honey." His mother smiled and looked at him questioningly.

Beaming, Sander made a cup of coffe and some toast; singing quietly.

"You look so happy today honey." Her mom was saying from the table.

Sander just chuckled, putting jam on his toast. He sit down and started on his breakfast. The bread was especially good today, and wow isn't that the most delicious strawberry jam in the world?

His mom was still peering at him, smiling, she asked, "Something to report?"

Sander laughed cheerfully, "Nothing mom. Isn't it such a fine day? And where do you get this jam? It's amazing!"

"It's the same bakery I bought from everytime sweety." She answered from accross the table. There was worry in her eyes now, her smile faltered a bit. Sander looked away from it.

"Hmmm." Sander shrugged and keep munching happily. He finished his coffee and got up.

"Gotta go. See you later mom." He took his bag and started to slip on his socks and combat boots.

"Are you forgetting something honey?" His mom asked with a gentle voice.

"Oh yes!" He took out the medication bottle, and poured a glass of water to flush it down his throat.

"Thanks mom. Bye!"

"Bye honey, be careful!"

"Have a nice day mom!" He closed the door, whistling.

*

His phone chimed when he arrived at the academy. He checked it eagerly, but it was texts from Britt. Sander ignored them. He knew he had to break up with her. He would deal with it later. Right now, at this moment, he was so happy, and everything was so pleasing, he could not let anything ruining it. Walking into the studio, he thought everyone looked extremely beautiful and joyful this morning. There was a general air of good-humoured all around the studio; low buzzing of conversations.

"Hey Finn!" Sander said cheerfully to a tall dark hair boy with a sharp jawline.

"Hey! You finished the essay for Mrs T?"

"Yups, easy-peasy."

Finn laughed, "I should have asked you to come and help me! It's 3 AM before I can go to sleep! Akhh my fault for only started last night."

Sander laughed and they chit-chatted a bit after that. The classes flew by with Sander in a high spirit. When they were about to start making figurine, Sander checked his phone. Robbe still hadn't replied, but his text shown that it was read. Sander didn't think too much about this. He slipped his phone back to his pocket, and washed his hand with water in the bucket beside the table. The teacher didn't assign any specific form. But Sander already knew what to make; an angel. Smiling broadly with Robbe in his mind, he started mixing the materials.

By evening, Sander had started to feel more than uneasy. He had texted Robbe again couple times at the afternoon, but all his messaged only showed one check mark. He couldn't see Robbe's last seen detail at all. Finally, he pushed the call button. His call couldn't go through. He checked Robbe's instagram, there was no new post or anything. He tried to call directly to Robbe's number but it couldn't go through either. He thought about this and could only came to one conclusion. He has blocked me. After what happened last night, it made no sense. It was a mistake, he was sure of it. Robbe could be joking or something. That was weird though, coming from Robbe. He would just went to his aparment tomorrow after class and asked him. There had to be an explanation. With his mind in a twirl, Sander tried to fall asleep.