Chapter 15: Northwest Mansion Mystery

𝐀/𝐍
𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧, 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬' 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬. 𝐒𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲. 𝐀𝐧𝐘𝐰𝐀𝐲𝐒, 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!(And Im also getting some writers block since its been a long time since I updated this story, but don't worry! I don't plan on discontinuing or go on a long hiatus.)

[•Dipper's POV•]
Ever since the Blind Eye Society was disbanded, the people of Gravity Falls have been more aware about the supernatural that's been going around this town. I even helped the officers themselves on a bat problem they had.

I also gave McGucket the smashed laptop, asking if he could fix it. He said that it would take time, but amenably agreed.

Today, I started feeling the power of the portal Stan's making, I feel crazy magic coming in and out of it. Last night, the protective spell that was placed on me started cracking bit by bit. I didn't mind it though, if it was gonna break before Ford gets back, then blame it on him that his spells are so weak. If it didn't break yet after Ford comes back, then he can fix it himself, when he ASSUMES that I still don't know about my true identity.

And them there's the earthquake that occured when we confronted Gideon...

"-And this will be the last form you ever take!" The shape shifter turned into me and screams while being frozen.

Hmm...

Why do I have an ominous feeling about today?

"Well tonight's the night, but I've been out here for days! The Northwest family's annual high-society-shindig-ball-soiree is here! And even though common folk aren't let in, that doesn't stop us from camping out for a peek at the fanciness!" Toby reported as the background shows that he's at the Northwest Mansion's gate.

"Ooooohhhhhh." The girls came in the living room to watch with me.

"Okay, can someone please explain why people care about this?" I asked uninterested.

"It's pretty much the best party of all time. Rich food, richer boys!" Grenda informed.

"They say each gift basket has a live quail inside!" Mabel added.

"Give me your life, Pacifica." Candy demanded desperately as she pawed the T.V.

"Guys, in case you've already forgotten, Pacifica Northwest is the worst." I scoffed.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I got up to answer the door as I continued speaking.

"And that's not just jealousy talking. I'd say that to her face." I declared.

I opened the door and looked down to see Pacifica in the flesh standing on the porch.

"I need your help." Pacifica pleaded as she looked up at me with her obvious disguise.

"You're the worst." I deadpanned and slammed the door on her face.

BANG!

GASP