Vol-27

"That kid...did this?" Anko asked the Sandaime.

She examined the devastation from the aftermath of the battle between Kakarot and Rita for herself.

"Isn't there a rule against brats his age being this powerful? Before he would be considered Jounin level. At best. Now I think he can take on a Kage and stand a chance of winning or if not a draw!"

"We should count ourselves fortunate that Kakarot-kun is in possession of a good heart, stable mind, and sound judgment. Were he or Gohan-kun as unstable as Rita-chan, I shudder to think of what state the world would be in."

Despite all she'd seen and all the horrific things she'd seen Ochimira do...

The mental image of Gohan or Kakarot...

With Rita's personality...

Made Anko tremble.

"Let's hope nothing happens to make him that way," She said fervently.

The Sandaime could only nod in agreement.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kakarot was found in the hospital.

Fully conscious.

He had his blood drawn from one of the Nurses.

So far Kakarot was out for three days.

The nurses thought he would be out for more than that.

Namely a week.

Or a month.

He took one hell of a beating.

After the Nurses did what they had to do, Squad 7 walked inside Kakarot's hospital room.

Kushiko embraced the boy.

Despite Kakarot's injuries.

Gohan was still pondering on what form Kakarot tapped into during his fight with Rita.

Satsuki?

She had her back turned on Kakarot.

She was still mad at him.

But that wasn't going to stop her from seeing how he was doing.

Sakura was the most concerned.

She was on the verge of crying over Kakarot when she saw the condition he was in.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kazumi cleared her throat. "Well, as thrilling as it is to have you with us again, we have to fill you in on what's going to happen in the future."

"Huh?"

"You will be fighting in the finals one month from now. Here's the pairings." She tossed a small scroll into Kakarot's lap.

Which the hybrid warrior picked up painfully.

He struggled to unroll it.

Fumbling it with fingers that were stiff from days of disuse.

Sakura was going to help Kakarot.

But Satsuki beat her to the punch.

Glaring deadly at her apparent new rival.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Here you are Kakarot." Satsuki said.