Vol-32

"Kushiko!" Gohan called again when the sword left and blood began flowing freely from Kushiko 's chest.

The blond did give a feeble cry of pain when the sword was pulled free but that didn't mean much in this situation.

Gohan felt the world open up and his knees give out.

The skies rumbled menacingly and rain began to hiss down.

It soaked everything in seconds, but no one cared.

They were concerned with other things.

"Kushiko please," Gohan whispered, tears burning hot in his eyes, spilling down his cheeks to mingle with the rain. "This isn't funny anymore. Get up!"

There was no answer.

"No!" Gohan moaned, pressing his hands to his eyes. "No! Not again! This can't happen again!" He looked up at the weeping clouds above him. "I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen! I promised! I swore I wouldn't let anyone hurt what's precious to me."

These were the events that led up to this particular moment:

Sakura could begin her match with Tekari, the sand village decided to ambush Konoha. This lead to three events:

-Gohan despite his injuries, raced to help Sakura and Satsuki against Arra. Which was then up to Kushiko to face. And she won. And her and Arra became best friends.

-Kakarot faced Kabuko and Baki before Kazumi tagged in and faced Kabuko and only Kabuko because Baki abandoned ship. And because of Kazumi's experience Kabuko jumped ship too.

-Satsuki gave in to the curse seal and almost killed Sakura and Gohan. If it wasn't for Shio interfering and saving the two members of squad seven.

Out of everything else, these were the three events that were main events that were big and did happen.

Then Kushiko and Gohan traveled with Ikaya.

Kakarot was dragged along by Kushiko and Gohan due to Satsuki being on house arrest despite Kakarot explaining that Satsuki meant no harm.

Grandmother Sarutoni did not want to hear it and placed the girl on house arrest until further notice.

This was after she and Ikaya faced Ochimira together and made the Snake Sannin turn and retreat.

Anyways, here what happened during their search for Tsunado, who was supposed to take Sarutoni's place:

-Kushiko and Gohan and Kakarot encountered Izumi and her friend Kisake. The reason was because Izumi wanted Kushiko 's nine-tails power for the intentions of the Akatsuki.

-Izumi placed Gohan under an tsukuyomi. Which backfired and caused the curse seal to activate and make Gohan not only go into a blank state, but wage war against Kushiko and Kakarot and Ikaya and even Izumi.

-Gohan was shattered and was on the verge of leaving Kushiko and Ikaya and Kakarot. But Kushiko and Kakarot used words of encouragement to keep Gohan around. Despite him feeling like he failed.

-The group encountered Tsuando and Shizune. Kushiko challenged Tsuando after he trash talked the Hokage, which led to her using her new technique called the Rasengan.

Tsuando made Kushiko work for three days to prove to him that she could master it like those who came before her.

But this was a trap because Ochimira had encountered Tsunado beforehand and made a deal with him.

The deal was that she would use her newfound abilities to bring back Tsuando's deceased girlfriend Dani.

And his little sister.