3

"You shouldn't say things like that."

"What?" I asked them looking confused about their sudden actions. "It's not like I'd like to run?" I questioned them not minding Aelrex.

"You don't sound yourself this days." Avi looked at me like something's wrong with me. I laughed and shrugs it off.

"You're competitive in everything." Chris also butted in like I've done something that I wouldn't do. "You always wants to be on the top." He added.

"Guess I'm tired satisfying the craves of other people?" I asked, I sounded like I'm confused too. Aelrex laughed at my remarks looking at me like he can comprehend something about me.

"That's good. Guess I'll win the student election 'cause your candidate is feeling down now?" Aelrex said like declaring he can win. I don't know what happened to me and my competitive side woke up from its slumber.

"Who told you so?" I provoked him by staring right at him. "I'm gonna win this election." I didn't even break the tension so is he. We've been staring with each other for a minute until we both hear a clap and a yell.

"Yes! Now you're back!" Avi yelled like a kid. "We're gonna win this one Aelrex, sorry not sorry though." Avi spurts like she's sure of winning.

"So you're running too huh?" He asked Avi.

"Yes." Avi's happiness turned instantly to frown. "This girl told Chris that she's not running unless I'll be the vice governor." She acted like crying again.

"That's good I guess? I'm planning to make you my vice governor or him in my party." He said pertaining to Avi and Chris. "But I guess I can't recruit you hm."

"Woah! I'm popular!" Avi raised her hands and waves at the people. Almost all of the students in the cafeteria are staring at us. I bowed my head down and pretends to eat.

"Rex!" His friends are calling him now.

"I'm sorry, I think I should go now." He do the fist bump thing with Avi and Chris. "See you at the campaign I guess, Mari."

"Don't call me that. We're not close."

He just laughs and wave goodbye. I was staring at his back when Chris talked that makes me turns to them.

"You talked a lot."

"Huh?"

"You converse with him a lot even though you don't know him." Avi added to Chris statement.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't talk a lot Mariae. You don't talk like that to us except for academic related things." Chris said while tapping his phone. "I know you since elementary."

I didn't respond after that. Do I talk a lot with him? I think I'll change that. They both finish their foods and stands up taking their plates with them to clean the table. I started to walk outside the cafeteria since its too crowded and they both went to the allotted spot where they will put the plates. As I went outside I saw Aelrex on the music room laughing with his friends. I think he'll win 'cause he's too friendly and approachable. I saw him went to the corner where the piano's located, he played it. I wish I could hear it. I was too immersed in watching him. He stops playing and raises his head trying to search the room. He saw me staring at him so I immediately looks away and grabs my earphones to listen to music.

A tapped from my shoulder made me turned off the music.

"Come on! We're gonna be late for Algebra!" Avi grabs my hand and runs towards our building. I check my watch and saw that we're really gonna be late so I run too with Chris laughing on our backs. I stare at the music room for the last time and I saw him leaning his back on the door staring at us, I look away and run as fast as I could. We're 3 minutes early as we reached the room.

"Fuck, that's like zombies going to approach us." Chris remarks made the whole class laugh.

"Why are you three running?" Noelle asked.

"We're gonna be late, dzuh." Avi rolls her eyes. I wipe my sweats as they asked them about our marathon. The class laughs again. "What?" Avi asked irritated.

"Didn't you read our chats?" Charlotte asked. She's our public relations/information officer. As soon as she asked that, we checked our phones. Avi laughs sarcastically and Chris sighs.

"Our Algebra teacher can't attend our class, they're on a meeting."

"Oh fuck." Avi cursed. "We run for nothing." That made our class laughs again and so am I. I should take  note of checking my phones for updates about our class. We got tired over nothing.

Chris taps the table gaining everyone's attention. Avi and I sat on our seats.

"Let's occupy this time to discuss about the party." The class yells at the mention of the party.

"Yes! Let's rock!" Ran danced like crazy as he said that and so the others keeps laughing. A loud tap from the teachers table stops all the noise.

"I'm not saying about that kind of a party Ran." Chris looks serious so the class didn't even make a single noise. "The party, for the election. Mariae's team." The class laughs at Ran while Ran's scratches the back of his nape feeling embarrassed. "We should make a name, assign for the position and assign our campaign manager. I know we're all busy because of the stack pile of activities but let's help Mariae." They all nods in agreement and so the meeting advances.