5

One week had past and I met all of the nominees of out class. They're fun to be with I admit though I don't interact myself with them 'cause Avi do all the talking when it isn't about the election, she's the happy pill of the group but when the meeting starts I will always take over and the atmosphere will change instantly from having fun to being serious, maybe I have that side of me. They might seem intimidated by my presence. The meetings always went well and they seems having fun and I always smile and converse when they talk to me but I'm not the type of person who will start the conversation and now they knew that. One week had past and today is the start of the campaign period, I don't know what to expect nor what to do but I'll give my best.

"Mariae!" Avi's shout gains all the attention again from the crowd. After the flag ceremony, we will announce our candidacy. I'm not late today so I can attend the ceremony but Avi shout made me embarrass. I bow my head and excuse myself to the people lining up. As I went to Avi's side I pinch her hands but she just shrugs it off and laugh. "You're early."

"You think so?" I said rolling my eyes but her laughter irritates me more. I roam around the field and I saw all of the students. When I say 'all' it means all the curriculums so its pretty crowded. Since the science class only had 4 years with one section each the next line to us is the 4th years, next to them is the program in the arts. I saw Aelrex laughing with the guys and I immediately glances away when he's about to see me. Does this guy had a sixth sense? That whenever someone stares at him, he would know?

As the flag ceremony is about to end, Avi texted our group to assemble at the back of the stage since its officially the start of campaigning. Avi linked her arms to me as we walked, she's cheerful today.

"Are you nervous?" She asked as she unlinks her arm and hops towards the stage. I only stare at her for my response. "Guess you're not. You're the vice president of the debate club so you're used to talking but how about me? Ask me!" She demands like a kid.

"Are-"

"You nervous Avi?" Aelrex voice behind us finished my question. Geez, this guy is eavesdropping.

"Woah cool Rex!" Avi's eyes gazed at him. "But you should let Mariae finish her sentence!" She pouts. "Come on Mariae, ask me. What do you usually do when you're nervous?" She asked curiously. "Or are you even nervous?" I heard Aelrex chuckles behind.

"I don't know." I don't really know. Maybe I am nervous or maybe I am not who knows.

"Tsk." Avi pouted again. "Then when you talk today don't talk seriously."

"Why?"

"You did sound confident but you don't sound approachable." That's true I guess.

"Smile." Aelrex murmured behind me.

"Okay." Maybe that was a friendly advice. I should take that then since I should make the best of it because of my classmate efforts. "Good luck Ael." I face him and smiled as I walked backwards. He seems astounded by my sudden shift of moods and laugh.

"To you as well, Mari."

"Hey what's that? Are you that close to have nicknames? And you smiled! You didn't even smiled at us Mariae!" Avi's accusing me so I shrug it off and walks normally. Aelrex wave his hands to us before going to his party. Hmm, he's friendly alright.

"You're bad Mariae!" Avi pouts her lips and walks away towards Apple while stomping her feet. Childish.

"Mariae!" They called me and that made all my schoolmates stares at me and so I smiled.

"Hey? Is that Mariae?" I hear loud murmurs coming from the line. "She's pretty when she's smiling."

I walked past Aelrex when I hear him talk. "She's prettier." I can feel butterflies in my stomach now. Geez, Aelrex what did you do to me? I composed myself before going to my group. Avi pouted even more.

"Don't pout, you're not pretty." Chris laughs and that made Avi pout turned into frowns.

Ma'am Tess, the student council adviser gave a speech before finally opening the starts of campaign and election. Ate Teresa, this school year's governor is also in the stage talking. She's the one who will be the emcee of the campaign.

"Good morning students. As you all knew, its time for our term to end thus we should elect our new student council. Please listen to their platform well so that you will all knew who you want to vote and guide this school all throughout your school year. Now, who do you want to start to know first?"