Ch16: Strong

Iris's POV

I jumped up and hugged him tightly. I was sure I was going to knock him over. I barried my face in his chest. He hugged me back and rubbed circles on it. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes.

"Hey hey hey baby. Please baby girl stop crying." He says running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I say pulling my head from his chest.

"Reece I don't get it." I say to him softly. He pulls my chin up so I'm looking at him.

"It's okay. We'll get through this." I shake my head at him.

"Reece Jake isn't going to let that happen." I say.

"We'll sneak around. We did last time." He says taking my hands.

"You don't get it. Jake wasn't aware of us last time. And besides I- i-" I couldn't say it.

"What?" He asks lightly.

Do it. It will help him. It will make you better.

"I- I." I still couldn't say it. I shook my head as tears slipped down my face faster and faster.

Tell him you don't love him.

No I can't.

Lie to him.

"Reece I- We can't be together." I say pulling from his grasp.

"W-what?" He asks with a shaky breath.

"We can't be together." My voice is supposed to be hard but only came out a whisper. He only looked at me. He didn't say a word.

"Ris." He speaks softly. He doesn't say anything else. He just hugs me. I hug him. It's felt like forever. I let go of him and we began walking back to the apartment in silence.

When we finally arrived I had become very sad. I finally felt happy and now I didn't.

I walked right past everyone. But stopped to grabbed Casey's arm. He followed me as we made it to me room. I had never gotten on well with Casey before but I guess that had changed. A lot of things had changed.

I shut the door behind him and walked to my window sil. I sat down and he came over. Neither of us said a word. I looked up at him with tears forming in my eyes. He rapped his arms around me tightly and sat down next to me. I barried my face in his chest as I began to sob.

This went on for a while. I don't know how long because all I wanted to do was cry. Cry and break things. I wanted to yell and scream. The last thing I was concerned about was time.

I pulled away from Casey and looked up at him. I face him a thanking smile before standing up. He didn't question where I was going. I went into my bathroom and began to wash my face. My makeup was running. I finished washing my face and began to walk to my door.

I walked down to the living room and saw that most of the boys were there. I saw Jake sitting on the couch and his eyes were blood shot. He looked at me and I pressed my lips into a hard line before turning away. I went and got a cup of water.

My back against the counter I held my breath as Reece Chris and Charlie came into the kitchen. My hand tightened on the counter and on my glass. I took a breath and looked away. I turned and went back to the living room.

Closing my eyes tight I thought.

You can do this.

He's just a boy.

Be strong.