𝕠𝕟𝕖

————————CHAPTER:coincidences —————————

————————
CHAPTER:
coincidences
—————————

𝚈𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊

Yasabella did not believe in coincidences. She believed in karma, the universe and the butterfly effect. . . . so it didn't come off as a surprise to Ruth (or anyone who remotely knew her) when she mentioned oblivion details from someone's conversations or went on an investigation spree because of the most trivial details- her excuse usually being that she was a sucker for the adrenaline.

Currently, she was wrapped in the mystery of the 'missing' of Scooter Grubbs- who just had happened to mention coming into money the week prior.

𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐠 : 𝟏

To her surprise, she was actually getting somewhere with her hunch this time.
Thinking he wouldn't hide his plan at home (she was naming it Shady Shit 101), in the eyes of his wife- she checked his fishing kit which he usually left in their garage (after talking business with her dad about god knows what- this was not the time to get into her daddy issues), she felt like Jake Peralta and it was awesome.

Ahah! Motel key. That was definitely sketchy.

𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐠 : 𝟐

Okay, so this was actually happening.
Her hands immediately went to to call Lee who would be the only one to actually go with her on the most crazy sprees.

"Hey Lee." She said, her voice too sweet.

"What do you want?" She could already hear him sigh and getting up from whatever non important thing he was doing.

"What? I'm offended. Can't I be nice to my sweet, lovely beautiful best friend?" Yasabella said with a fake pout. She was manipulative like that.

"The fact that you called me sweet proves my point." Ruth answered, she could already imagine him rolling his eyes and running his hand through his now dyed white hair. She was still debating whether she like them or not.

"I'm still offended. . .but since I love you I'll let it slide." The blonde girl didn't wait for him to go on his full debate mode and make actually true points about how anything of what she said wasn't true, their conversation could end up in a whole other scenario. "Anyways, I'm texting you an address- meet me there."

She ended the call before he could ask more questions. It was a routine by now.

The blonde girl looked at the rusty motel key in her hand- it was a second key, meaning someone else had the first.