Chapter 1: The Owner Of Those Eyes

"Excuse me?" I said in a low voice as I approach the girl near the gate. I hope I don't sound so rude.

She turned her head to look at me. "Yes?" Asking me with a smile plastered on her face.

"I just wanna ask where is the building of Faculty of Statistics?" I asked her with a smile plastered on my face. Then, she gave the instructions how to get to the building. "Thanks you so much!" I thanked her. I can say she is so nice.

"Freshman ka?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yes, its also my first time to be here. So Im kinda lost. I am so bad with directions." I said, smiling awkwardly. I noticed she had her ID so, I think its safe to assume that she is in higher year.

"Ohh, welcome to Stats, girl. I am Veniz, fourth year college, the President of the Faculty of Statistics in our school." She offered her hand.

Oh My Gosh so she's the president in our department. I immediately take her hand. "Im Thymine, as in one of the nucleotide bases. Im a freshman, its nice to meet you."

"Nice name. By the way, Mauna na ako. Marami pa akong gagawin eh." She said.

"Thanks. Nice to meet you Ate Veniz." I said politely.

"See you around" she said as she take her way to the other way.

"Round and loud" I said to myself, replying to her remark as I try to follow her instructions as to how to go to the building of Statistics. I messaged my friends on messenger about my first encounter in school.

Me: Yah. I met the President of our Department.
Marieanne: Good luck Ms. Statistician.

Well, she's the only one who sent me a good luck message. Some ignored me. Well, I understand. Maybe they are busy.

I found the room for our class. There are already some people here. And all of them are already reading books about statistics. I sat on a chair at the back and scrolled through my phone.

"Hi! Is this seat taken?" Someone asked. I looked at him. He is cute, I can say.

"No, its not. You can take a seat." I said while smiling at him. When he was already able to settle down, I asked him about his name.

"Wyatt Theodore Caddel" He said.

"Nice name." I complimented his name. And then I felt my phone vibrated.

BS Statistics 1-1
Patricia: Hi! Pinapapunta lahat ng freshmen sa Gymnasium ngayon na. Thank you.
Patricia: And by the way, pa-add na rin nung iba di ko kasi mahanap account nila. Thanks.
Tuesday: Okay!

"Hey, lets proceed to the gymnasium. Freshmen are asked to go there now." I told Wyatt Theodore while fixing my things. But he didn't reply. So I look at him.

"You're not gonna introduce yourself?" He asked me with a blank expression on his face.

"Oh my gosh Im sorry. That's so rude of me. Im Thymine Rye Velasco. Thymine as in one of the the nucleotide bases." I said. I felt so guilty for not introducing myself earlier. I got distracted with the message. I hope he wont see me as a rude person.

"Hahaha. Its okay don't worry." He said. "Its nice to meet you, Thymine."

"You scared me." I said. "Lets go now?" As I put my bag on my back.