38: Easter Sadness

Previously: (after birthday skit) Kirumi finally reunites with Shuichi and sees how different of a person he became to treat her. However, Kaede suddenly gets mixed feelings about seeing the two of them talk together normally.

Shuichi's POV:
My eyes were fixated on the screen and I looked at the time. Shit. It's really...8am already and I didn't sleep? Kaede will kill me for sure...

Pain then immediately jumped. My neck when all dizzy giving me a strange sensation and I felt the urge to puke...despite feeling well? Since Easter break started a few days ago I gamed literally all the time.

"He's not coming home..." I mumbled quietly under my breath. With effort I tried turning my head to Kaede but the dizziness just made it worse. That's when I suddenly dropped on the floor collapsed with my eyes half open watching the world spin around me.

Darkness. Just literally nothing.

"Shuichi! Wake up!" I heard a voice in the distance but decided not to open my eyes.

Kaede's POV:
"Geez Shuichi wake up!" I shouted as I folded my arms. A few moments later I saw his eyes flutter and slowly sat up.

"What just happened? Did he come home?" Shuichi scratched his back.

"Who? Kero? Uh...he's spending Easter with Aunt Akamatsu sorry..." I responded just before I saw the screen on his computer open.

"Windborne Bard - Venti".

Seriously, another video game?

"Shuichi! What time did you sleep?!" I groaned angrily at him. Well not that I was angry at him as a person but his action.

"Uh...It's 10 now right? Uhhhh...two hours ago?" Shuichi replied back.

"On Easter?! Really Shuichi? Didn't you forget about Kirumi arranging for us to have an Easter picnic party?!" I sighed and glared at his eyes.

"WAIT...I'M PULLING VENTI!" His voice suddenly went desperate and he placed his hands on his chest. "I think I want him. But...I don't wanna waste my weekly savings..."

"WHO'S VENTI?!" I screamed back at him trying to understand him.

"Uh...uh...you sound like him..." Shuichi responded shyly and blushed as he turned his head away.

"ME?!" I gasped, "Well...I guess that sounds nice but..."

"No. I'm not joking. You SOUND exactly like him." Shuichi demanded.

"But I'm a girl?" I suddenly went confused. What type of dream did Shuichi have? Or is he just addicted with this game? Or...He really loves me back? I dunno exactly.

"I just want him because you sound like him that's all. Not cuz he's a five star. Kaede I love you so much you know that." Great. Now he's flattering me. Man, sometimes we are a messy couple. "Besides I'm pretty sure Himiko plays Genshin too so...I can co-op with her?"

"Himiko is coming to the picnic too!" I groaned trying to remove his addiction. "Did you forget that it's Easter?"

"I'm not Christian." Shuichi replied. "And neither are you so why are you celebra-"

"I don't know. It's just fun..."

*timeskip to them arriving at the park*

We witnessed the rest of our classmates already sat down on the floor out with the food. Of course all of them were there...except the bully trio.

Kirumi prepared the most food out of all of us. Seriously, when does she have the time to bake? It seemed that everyone was happy however I saw two people fighting over the last crisp or something? Nah...it was just Tenmiko.