26: Apologise

Previously: It was Christmas and Kaede convinces Shuichi to go to Tenko's party despite his bad mood. He finally agrees to attend which helped him lift his mood up.

Shuichi's POV:
It's been a few weeks now since we've returned from France. Jetlag had hit us hard but it's ok. Like Kaede said I need to, "keep going". We held hands in the hallways walking towards our labs to do research then splitted ways. 

While I was do training with crime scene simulations, I heard a knock on the door and slowly opened it.

"Hello?" I pulled open the door and peeped my head through.

"Oh! Shuichi!" Tenko stood in front of me and placed her hands on her hips giving me a frown.

"What? Did I do something degenerate?" I rubbed my chin hoping that she wasn't mad with me.

"Uh no. I made a degenerate apologise to you!" She answered and pointed at me.

"ME?!" Wait what...is it one of the Ouma squad apologising to me?

"Yeah. Remember the day when you and Kaede were in the hotel lobby crying and hugging each other after the amusement park situation?" Tenko started blushing and putting her index fingers together. "Yeah. I got one of them to apologise to you."

Is it Kokichi?! Oh Lord I hope it is. I've put up with his shit too many times and I'm not joining his stupid Ouma Squad or whatever. I don't really care if Keebo or Tsumugi hate me still, I just want Kokichi to end the bullying with me and go back with Kaede. However I also don't want that because I don't want to upset Kaede as I've noticed that she has been way clingier than before. I hope she doesn't have feelings for me since I like Kirumi but...whatever.

Tenko dragged me towards the garden area outside the cafeteria and there stood Keebo. Ah, so he's apologising to me instead? He did nothing wrong though? Next to him stood the "fabulous" Miu Iruma.

"Miu I..." Keebo started blushing and somehow had some robotic sweat.

"Just fucking apologise to Pooichi! You wanted to, right?" Miu pushed him away and Keebo started blushing even more.

We both awkwardly looked at each other both trying to look away. It looks like we have nothing to say. Ummm. I slowly turned around to my lab until...

"Come on Shuichi! Just speak to that degenerate!" Tenko's voice boomed after her demanding words. Besides, Keebo is the one who wanted to apologise after all right?

"Hey." I broke the silence between us two. "So why did you want to apologise to me?" I asked.

"Me?!" Keebo started fidgeting, "Well how do I put this? I just wanna say sorry about what happened last week in France. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings I promise! It was them after all! Although I tried helping you a lot, I wanna apologise again! Sorry!" He finally finished speaking quickly and turned away from me.

"FUCKING VIRGIN." Miu shouted, "WAIT FOR HIS RESPONSE!"

The 3 of them glared at me and we all stood in silence. I've never been in this situation before. No one asked for forgiveness ever to me.

"And didn't you do something else?" Miu crouched down towards Keebo's level. "That talent show with cockihi."

"Oh! I..." Keebo's face went red. Same buddy, I hated that experience too. "Yeah sorry about everything Shuichi. I don't expect you to forgive me at all..."

Words were scrambled all over my brain making it difficult for me to analyse how to answer. Of course when it is someone's first time, they'll find it hard right? But then I suddenly thought about Kaede's words about not to give up.

"It's ok Keebo." I smiled at him. "Kokichi is very demanding after all. Honestly you don't even have to apologise."

"Wait really?!" Keebo gasped, "Even if I was forced to do things?"

"Well." I scratched my head, "Kaede is just like you. She was forced to bully people against her will."

"Then..."

"Keebo. I already said it's fine. We're cool now." Keebo started giving off a shy look. It seems that he is quite shy to talk to me any way.

"So Shuichi. Can I eat lunch with you?" Keebo asked. "With Miu?"

Kaede's POV:
Once it was lunch, I was on the rooftop sitting down with Himiko. It seems that she was eating left over Chinese takeaway while I was eating my basic ham and cheese sandwich.

"Nyeh. I ordered the large portion of Chinese takeaway and I didn't finish it in one day. And I'm not burning it..." Himiko grumbled.

"Maybe you should start ordering smaller portions. And also start implementing exercise into your routine. Like I run in the park every morning now. I used to do Pilates but..." I responded.

"Who cares? I'm not gonna exercise..." Himiko whined. Once me and Himiko spoke for a while, Tenko and Shuichi finally came to us but behind them were...Miu and Keebo? Wasn't Keebo one of those people who was in Shuichi's group?

"Hi Keebo!" I greeted him, "Are you two ok now?"

"Uh yes. I apologised to Shuichi now." Keebo answered, "Tenko wants me to hang out with you guys for some reason. But I'm fine."

"Yeah! You guys are fucking lucky I Miu herself got to sit with you guys. But you better not be virgins." Miu proudly spoke and sat down on the floor.

"You shouldn't be proud sitting on the floor..." Himiko mumbled.

"HEY! I DO WHAT I WANT OK?" Miu yelled at Himiko. I started giggling watching the two of them fight as Shuichi sat down next to me. Immediately my brain told me to put my head on his shoulder and be clingy so I did so.

"Clingy much?" Miu folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Hey! What about Shuichi x Kaede! They're pretty cute together right!" Tenko fangirled. "If only degenerates were like Shuichi."

"Does that include me?" Keebo asked.

"Saimatsu it is then..." Himiko yawned. All four them turned their heads towards us giving us the look of them shipping us.

"Are we official yet Shuichi?" I asked.

"Stop hitting on me. I'm not ready..." Shuichi mumbled.

A/N: OK KAEDE WILL CONFESS SOON! Also it was my birthday 2 days ago (28th) but I didn't want to say ahaha. Anyway have a nice day!