Explanation

Y/N POV:

"Otou-San, you know how I told you that this world was an anime from where I was from?" I questioned.

"Yes pup, I remember," he responded.

"Well, then the "katana styles" you were asking about are from another anime called Demon Slayer. In this anime, they are called Breathing Styles. There's Flame Breathing, Water Breathing, Thunder Breathing, Wind Breathing, Flower Breathing, Love Breathing, Sound Breathing, Sun Breathing, Moon Breathing, Mist Breathing, Insect Breathing, Serpent Breathing, Stone Breathing, and Beast Breathing. Each style has different forms. The Breathing Style I used early was a Thunder one that one of the main characters used," I explained.

"That's quite interesting. It sounds like some of the different chakra natures we have here are Breathing Styles in Demon Slayer. I'm also guessing that in that anime they slay demons?" he responded.

"Yup, I'm also trying to create my own Breathing Style," I responded.

"Well if you ever need help just ask me. I may not know how exactly Breathing Styles work, but I think I understand the concept of it," he replied.

"I can show you some of the Breathing Styles I know of tomorrow," I said.

"Yes, I might understand it more with examples. Would you like to get something for lunch?" he asked.

"Yes, Ichiraku Ramen!" I yelled excitedly throwing my fist up in the air.

Otou-San chuckled and ruffled my hair. Realizing what I did, I blushed in embarrassment. We started to leave the training ground until he asked a question that I thought I wouldn't have to answer.

"(Y/N), why do you act so mature for your age?" he asked.

I stopped in my tracks and looked down at my feet. Millions of thoughts rushed through my head, 'What should I tell him? That I was abused basically all my life. That I didn't have a childhood. That I had to age and mature quicker to take care of myself and my wounds.  That my whole life was a lie, the parents I knew for all (Y/A) years of my life weren't even my parents.' I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize I was crying.

"Pup? What's wrong?" Otou-San asked, moving in front of me and kneeling down to my height. He wiped the tears away from my face with his fingers, placing his hand on my cheek.

I was hesitant to answer, 'He's given me so much. A loving home, his love, and so much more. Do I tell him the truth or not the whole truth?'

"I want to tell you the truth, Otou-San. I really do, but I-I just don't know if I'm ready to tell anyone my story. You've given me so much and I don't want you to think I'm taking it for granted," I answered.

"I would never think that, pup. You mean the world to me and if something were to happen to you, I don't know what I would do. When you're ready to tell me I'm all ears," he replied.

Taking a deep breath, I decided that if I'm going to move on from my past then I should get my story off my chest.

"Otou-San, I won't really go into it just yet, but the reason I act all mature is that maturing was the only way I could survive. My "parents" or they weren't really my parents, but at first, they loved and cared for me, but after my mom died, things didn't really go well. My father started to abuse me telling me it was my fault she died. Which I believe because she died saving me, maybe I am just a waste of space or shouldn't even be here. I had to mature to learn how to take care of myself and do my father's tasks. The only thing I had was anime, it saved me many times. Whenever I saw you on the screen, I was so happy and always looked up to you. I promise to tell you the full story later on," I said still looking down, my (D/H) hand squeezing my other arm so tightly my nails were digging into my skin causing it to bleed.