31. Moscow Peace Festival

So, this is gonna go back and forth between POVs to cover all of the important details. I hope it's not too hard to follow. ♥️

Warnings: Mentions of Previous Drug Use, Violence

Ryan's POV

I shift uncomfortably in my seat, forty people lining the long, expensively carved wooden dinner table. At six months pregnant, I've lost the ability to sit in one spot, especially when that spot is a hard chair.

Nikki grabs my thigh and squeezes it, giving me a weird look when I keep squirming. I try to communicate to get me the fuck out of here through my eyes, but it's lost on him, him being too entranced in conversation with everyone else.

I haven't really been apart of a Mötley business dinner before, and I gotta say I'm not a fan. I'm shoved into an uncomfortable and ill fitting dress, my stomach nearly bursting through the seams, and awful high heeled shoes that I can barely stick my fat feet into.

Out of frustration, I kick my shoes off and let out a sigh of relief when I twist my toes around, finally able to breathe.

"So, Ryan, when are you due?"

"Late November." I smile at Doug Thaler, thankful for the conversation since nobody else seems to give two shits about anything except the festival.

I like Doug, he's humble and doesn't act like every inconvenience is the end of the world like Doc. Doug's never yelled me, unlike Doc who yelled at me the very first time I met him and basically called me a gold-digging groupie. I appreciate Doug's soft spoken voice, he could probably put me to sleep if he talked to me long enough.

"Hopefully you can keep it in there until we get home on break for Thanksgiving."

And just like that, Doug's simultaneous use of 'it' and reminding me I'll probably be alone giving birth to my child dropped him down a couple pegs.

"Yeah. I'll just shut my legs real tight and hope for the best." Nikki squeezes my thigh again, not impressed with my attitude. I smile as an apology, Doug no longer interested in talking to me.

Everyone continues talking loudly about what to expect in Moscow, my annoyance growing bigger by the second. I'm going to lose my mind if I have to sit in this chair and stare at this shit food any longer.

"I have to pee." I whisper to Nikki and he points to a hallway, letting me know the bathroom is down there. I kiss his cheek and squeeze my feet back into my shoes, wincing when my baby toe nearly breaks in half to fit.

I fucking hate it here.

Doc's house is a maze, and when Nikki pointed at the hallway I didn't think I'd have five rooms to go through to find the bathroom. I nearly piss myself before I find the toilet.

When I emerge from the bathroom with a momentarily empty bladder, a breeze hits my face from the door leading to what I assume is the back yard at the very end of the hallway.

Curiosity gets the best of me and after poking my head around making sure nobody is missing me, I sneak out the door to get a glimpse of what it leads to.

I smile when I see small twinkling lights hang from the deck leading to a perfectly green backyard. I thought our backyard was huge, this puts ours to shame. Doc's whole house puts ours to shame, but I know what kind of money you can bring in running drugs so I'm not surprised.

A very small part of me misses the excitement of it, that feeling being doubled hanging around all of the drunk rock stars in the dining room. The excitement of being basically married to a rockstar has worn off, now it just makes me miss my old life.