Chapter 16 - Questions

••●══════••●۩۞۩●••══════●••
Billy carefully moved the plant into the silver pot. It's glowing blue leaves gave him more than enough light to put in more soil to the bottom.

"It looks great Billy," Adam said.

"I know, I've never seen a plant like this before. Luckily Alpha had samples of it's cells for us to duplicate. I brought it out to my garage because it only grows in the dark. I'm just surprised it grew so quickly."

Adam smiled, "She's going to love it."

Billy handed the potted plant to Adam, "Maybe she won't be as homesick."

"I hope so," Adam sighed, "I have to head to the gym to meet up with Rocky and Tommy. Can you keep it here until tomorrow?"

"Of course Adam."

"Thanks again Billy, I owe you one."

~

"Have you asked your alien girlfriend yet?"

Adam rolled his eyes at Rocky and landed another hit on the pad.

"Can we not talk about that right now? Our karate tournament is literally next week and we need to practice."

Rocky and Tommy shared a smirk.

"You should ask her soon," Tommy said, "Before someone else asks her to the dance. It's this weekend Adam, only three days away."

Adam sighed, "It's only Wednesday. We're going on our first date tomorrow, I'll try to ask her then."

~

Kimberly squealed as she walked out of the dressing room, "Ugh look at it. It's so pretty!"

"I like the lace," Mercury smiled, she sat on the bench casually reading a magazine.

Aisha smiled, "I think that's the one you should get for the dance."

Kim smiled and closed the curtains to the dressing room.

"I adore the dress you picked out Merc," Aisha said, "You know, you've come a long way since you first came to earth."

Mercury sighed, "Yeah, I definitely don't feel like a warrior trainee anymore."

"Is that a bad thing?" Kim said from behind the curtain.

"Well, I guess not. I like having friends I don't spar with all the time. It's fun going shopping and hanging out."

Kim came back out wearing her usual pink top and shorts, "It's nice having someone to try new hair and makeup out on. That eyeshadow really brings out your eyes."

Mercury smiled and looked over at the mirror leaning against the wall, the violet eyeshadow across her lids made her silver eyes pop.

"Has Adam asked you to the dance yet?"

Mercury sat the magazine on the table beside the bench, "Not yet... but our date is tomorrow. I really hope he asks me then."

"Maybe we can get you enrolled in school with us next year, then you could hang out with us almost all day!" Aisha said.

Mercury smiled, "Maybe."

She hadn't thought that far ahead yet, she didn't even know if she could stay over the course of the whole summer. What if she needed to return to her mother on Phaedos?

"Oh no! I'm late for gymnastics," Kim said, frantically shoving her things in her bag.

Aisha led Mercury to the front of the store, the two waved goodbye to Kim as she ran off in the direction of the youth center.

"Are you sure you don't wanna come to that new restaurant with me?"

"I'm sure Aisha," Mercury said, "I really need to get back to the command center anyways. I have to help Alpha recalibrate the zords."

"Well alright. Hey! You better tell us all the juicy details of what happens on your date!"

Mercury laughed, "I will."

~

The chilly breeze of the command center brought a weird comfort to Mercury. She landed inside and went straight to her room to put her new dress up. A beautiful periwinkle purple that would look great with the silver bracelet Kim had given her. She hung it up on the rack with the other two dresses she had.

She tightened her veil before walking back out to the hallway that leads to the power chamber.

"Hey Merc!"

From the end of the hallway Rocky gave her a wave that she returned with a smile.

"Did Alpha ask you to recalibrate the Zords too?"

Rocky nodded. The door to the zord chamber slid open for the two to pass through.

"Do you have the equipment?" she asked.

Rocky patted the bag hanging over his shoulder, Mercury grabbed the step stool and slid the panel gently off of Tommy's falcon zord to examine the main frame.

"Circuit omnidrill?" she said, Rocky handed it to her.

"Sooooo," Rocky said, "Has Adam asked you to the dance yet?"

Mercury sighed, "Everyone seems to keep asking me that."

Rocky laughed, "It's surprising he didn't ask you earlier."

Mercury didn't respond, she held her hand out and Rocky handed her particle measurer.

"Well... if Adam doesn't ask you. Maybe... we could go?"

"What do you mean?" Mercury said, she wiped the measurer clean and handed it back to him.

"I mean... maybe you could be my date to the dance?"

Mercury stopped what she was doing and looked back at Rocky.

"Listen, I really like you. I have since we met you."

"Rocky wai-"

"Just please consider it?"

"Rocky," she said firmly, "Listen I'm flattered, honestly. I don't know much about earthen court- I mean, dating. But I... really want to date Adam."

Rocky looked down at the ground.

Mercury placed a hand gently on his shoulder, "You're my best friend Rocky. I love watching movies and eating M&M's with you."

They both chuckled and Mercury grabbed a screwdriver from his bag, "You're like a brother to me. I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I just really wanna go with Adam."

Rocky sighed, "It's okay, I understand."

Mercury smiled.

"But if he ever hurts your feelings I will personally fight him for you."

She laughed loudly before pulling him into a tight hug.

"Adam's a really lucky guy."

—————

Don't forget to vote, comment, and add me to your reading list to get updates on Mercury <3

If y'all can get this to 15 votes I'll post the next chapter early!

and as always I hope y'all are safe and happy and may the power protect you!
••●══════••●۩۞۩●••══════●••