Session Start

A knock disturbed Lan Zhan from the book that he had been absorbed in for the last few hours. He found himself sitting by his desk, papers well organized in a pile, a quill on its proper stand and books to the side. He had been researching ancient creatures that were often found in water sources.

The knock sounded again, this time accompanied by a voice, "Wangji, may I come in?"

"You may enter."

Lan Xichen entered the room, closing the door softly behind him before walking towards his brother's desk. Once there, he took a seat in the extra chair that was often used by just him when he came to visit.

"Is something the matter?", asked Lan Zhan as he placed the book down, placing a flower inside it to not lose his place.

Lan Xichen answered, "Nothing for you to worry at the moment, just decided to come to remind you of today's activities."

"Mn.", replied Lan Zhan.

"I know you are not terribly delighted with what's happening, but it is just something we must do."

"I understand brother."

"We have to appease the elders, but remember, we are not forcing you into marrying any of the suitors, no matter what the matchmakers may say. If you are not content, we shall keep looking.", he stated with a serious tone.

"Thank you."

Lan Xichen smiled sweetly, before standing up and patting his brother's shoulder affectionately, "Nie Huaisang shall be visiting today first, so you will not go straight into meeting strangers."

"Understood."

"I will see you later then to present you, get ready soon." Lan Xichen left, hands behind his back as he tried to hide the quirking of his lips.

His younger brother has been in a weird mood recently, going to the library more often than before. It would almost seem that he gave excuses to just be in there, almost as if expecting something or maybe someone. He had spent many years with his brother, he suspected that he may have gotten his first crush.

He let out a sigh, this was the reason why he had told Lan Zhan that he was not obligated to choose any of the suitors. The Lans only loved once anyhow, even if his little brother had not admitted it yet to himself.

He was worried though, if his assumptions were correct, it was plausible that his brother may have fallen for a servant. Stated by the Lan rules, royalty could only marry others of high positions, nobles in other words. He supported his brother fully in any case, but this may cause such problems. He walked away slowly, leaving it all to fate's hands.

Back in Lan Zhan's room, Lan Zhan placed the book he was reading in a separate pile from the rest. He made a mental note to come back to it later.

He stood up, walking towards his armoire and took out a suit that was tailored for him for such an occasion. He was separating the articles in his bed, making sure none were dirtied or wrinkled, checking to see that nothing was missing.

His hands did the work, while his mind ventured to other places, as it had been doing without his consent for the past few days. The encounter with the stranger had left quite an impression on himself, affecting him more than what he would like to acknowledge. Something about the way he acted, how shameless he behaves, had left him questioning a lot.

Not many people had ever entered the forbidden space in the library, it was surprising how a simple man had gotten inside. He did not believe any of the excuses that spilled from the man's mouth, but who was he to know without proof.