Meeting the Ladies

It had been once again a somewhat successful day for the matchmakers. Somewhat due to none of the visitors and their children being the correct one for the prince. They were getting tired, it was not the first time that they would get stuck like this, but it was just not pleasant. After they had finished for the time being, the ladies requested a break from the sessions to the king, soon finding themselves enjoying some tea while chatting in between themselves.

It was not that they did not like their job, they loved it, but it was just a tad bit boring, being very repetitive work. It was very few times that they could get something new, an interesting interaction or reaction. They were not that phased anymore by screams of denial or insults, they had seen their good few.

It was nice how some places did prioritize falling in love, or waiting for the correct one, with some guidance from them of course, but it was just so much harder. Even when they preferred when true love was found, especially soulmates, it would be on very special occasions, it being almost a miracle. In their lifetime, they had felt presences of connected souls, but had never gotten the honor of uniting them like their ancestors had.

It had just become an easier job to do what was wanted by the nobles, which turned out to be just how advantageous certain relationships could become. Them using it as means of uniting kingdoms or just hoping for a better future in the wealth department. If some of the rumors in between the matchmaker's families were correct, they could even be uniting powerful people to cause destruction in future wars, if bribed of course.

Not many knew, but they had these rules when it came to their power and what was allowed to be done or said. Some of them consisted in the descriptions of the future being generally vague, mostly just stating probable futures. If anything turned too dangerous for their tastes, they would coerce the youths into not being together. It was also not up to them to give the final choice in the manner, even if they said something was not the best option, the nobles could still ignore it and get married.

As the woman pondered this and other events that had been happening lately, a strong feeling made them stop. They searched around, trying to find the owner of said pull. A presence was felt, just what they needed, it was almost too good to be true, barely believing it themselves.

They summoned the servants outside the room into its inside, asking if anyone had just passed by or were in the hallways. No one was in sight according to them. Considering they had never felt anything like this, it could be possible that the person was farther away than what they predicted.

Now this, this was interesting. Deciding that there was nothing else to do but wait, they went to stand near the table. It almost seemed like the presence was moving towards them, there was no need to go search. If they happened to be wrong, well, once they catch the pull, there is no way for them to lose it.

***

Wei Ying let out quite a loud sneeze, scaring even himself due to the echo it had made. He found himself going through the secret hallways once again. What could he say? It was way too fun and interesting the way he could find many new things in this old castle. Also being able to acquire the perk of being able to gain new hide spots and passages to move faster.

He was searching up the place, seeing what it held and where it would head, he noted mentally that he should bring his cleaning tools. There was dust and cobwebs everywhere, looking like the tunnels that he had been through before. The good thing was, he had brought with him a handful of candles, placing them along the place to light his way.

Wei Ying had found this area with the help of Lan Zhan, well not exactly, but close enough. He had done him the honor of showing him a room located close to the gardens on the first floor. They had been having a nice walk around, well, everything was nice when it involved Lan Zhan, the nicest man ever. It was a small storage area for the garden, keeping all the seeds and products to help the plants in the area.