It's Ok to Be Sad

He had been frantically searching for what could probably be around an hour now. No signs of Lan Zhan being present anywhere he went. Wei Ying was starting to get worried.

At the very beginning he had tried to remember if the other had told him that he would be busy or would be somewhere else. Nothing came to mind unless he had not been paying attention at the moment or had forgotten.

They would normally be together for at least a small section of the day. Most of the time being after lunch or a few hours after even. He had finished his meal, heading towards his room for a small break before returning to work. Later, he had finished his chores and had headed straight towards the library.

It has been the most common place nowadays to see the other. Sometimes hanging out in the space he had shown him. Sadly, there had been no Lan Zhan present.

From there he headed towards the gardens, walking around trying to not gain the attention of the other workers. He wasn't by the flowers, nor the pond, or even the gazebo. Could he have been in the forest? Maybe he was taking in the fresh air of the outside.

No signs of him by the lake either, or the area surrounding it. He ventured deeper into the woods, not even a sound could be heard. Wei Ying went back, heading towards the entrance this time around.

He couldn't see him in the training grounds with other knights, no horse had been missing from the stables either. He checked by the rooms where they would have conferences, they turned out empty. Not even in the music room or the halls could the prince be found.

Wei Ying was extremely worried, knowing his walk had turned more into a light jog as he went around. Bad thoughts started appearing in his mind, what if the other was in trouble? He could be sick and lost somewhere. He could have gotten gravely hurt and not be able to make his way back. He didn't even know if his power could heal him too.

What if Lan Zhan had been kidnapped for ransom, or to be forced to marry another person? He should think more positive, maybe he had just left on a trip by last minute. Maybe he would receive a letter later stating this case.

He passed by the king's chambers. It's not like he could ask him, for all he knew, Lan Zhan hadn't told his brother about him. Better that way though, he would have less chance of getting into trouble.

It made him feel useless, knowing how he could not ask anyone about the whereabouts of the prince without sounding weird. Would anyone else even know where he could have disappeared? He was pretty sure Lan Zhan didn't talk much with others.

He had even gone through the different hallways, the secret ones to be exact. He moved from here to there. At some point Wei Ying ended up in the room close to Lan Zhan's quarters.

'I must be an idiot.', Wei Ying thought to himself. He hadn't even bothered looking in Lan Zhan's room first.

How could he have searched everywhere except where Lan Zhan spent the most of his time? He had even looked up at the window from the outside when he was at the entrance. Maybe his siblings were not wrong when they teased him about being dumb.

He peeked outside of the room, making sure no one would see him go out. He didn't really have the brain now to come up with an excuse. Wei Ying's focus was a hundred percent on walking to Lan Zhan's room and whining about having made him all worried and tired.

Once again making sure no one was close by, he placed his ear on the door. Wei Ying tried to see if he could hear any noises from the other side, straining his hearing capabilities. Nothing.

It was eerily quiet, the other may be silent most the time, but not to this degree either. Normally you could hear the brush on paper, or just the passing of the pages. He kept his hopes up that the other was inside anyway.