Library Meeting

The library was often used by the tutors to teach fellow Lan members about anything relating to history, science, maths, politics, and so on. They taught about creatures that were known to attack the villages just as they would show the correct behavior expected of a noble.

The Lans were known to have written around 3000 rules since the beginning of their ruling. They were meant to be followed, a guideline to become the best a person could be.

Due to their strength in academics and how well the members ended up being, the Lans opened their doors to fellow kingdoms. Once a year, fellow nobles would attend classes if they so desired.

Other kings took on the idea, inviting people from other kingdoms to teach their own strengths. An example being how the Qinghe Nie showed sword fighting techniques. It was a way of preserving peace, sharing knowledge between them, not keeping secrets.

Lan Zhan had attended said classes ever since he was of age, he remembered being excited about all that he got to learn, telling his mother and bringing his notes to show her. Since he was the prince, he would not join other kids who also got to have said classes. They expected way more from him, having to spend more time memorizing everything, punishment placed if he ever stepped over the line.

Lan Zhan found himself in one of those classes as of now. They did not come up often, him having finished his education a few years prior. Nonetheless, there were always subjects to teach, and they welcomed information with open arms.

A hand slammed in front of him, gaining his attention as he looked at his tutor's face. His face showed concern while Lan Zhan's portrayed confusion.

"Your highness, I have been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes.", stated the Lan as he searched his face. "It is not like you to be distracted, is something the matter?"

Lan Zhan looked apologetic, not having wanted to disrespect his teacher, "This one apologizes, I did not mean any disrespect to the elder."

"There is no need for apologies, you have done nothing wrong, I am just worried."

"No need to worry, this one's mind is just filled with thoughts."

The elder watched him, worry still apparent, "There has been lots to think about, from suitors to structural problems from the villages to attacks from unknown creatures. And if we were to be correct, a future war on our hands."

The man smoothed his sleeves, lost in thought himself. Before Lan Zhan could say anything, he spoke again, "Take today to rest your highness, meditate if you will. Calmness could help improve your state of mind."

The most important part was to take care of oneself, to keep in check at any moment. This teaching could be put off for a later moment. Lan Zhan bowed in gratefulness, accepting what had been told by the elder.

The elder nodded back in acknowledgement as he took his leave. Before exiting, he told him that he must study the notes left behind by himself. Leaving some of the new books he got that could accompany further studies.

Next week he would come to test him, making sure he knew what was expected of him.

Seeing that the man had left, Lan Zhan let his mouth quirk into a soft smile. His mind had not been occupied by said subjects as his teacher had said. Not to say that they had not crossed his mind at some point, he still had a duty to his kingdom.

To be more accurate, his thoughts had been consumed by a smiling man that kept amazing him more every day. For someone who never stayed in one place, he sure loved sticking in his mind, never leaving.