𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

"The fact that he works at a hospital is a huge bummer not just for the whole of American healthcare but orderlies everywhere," Murphy said to Jeremy as she unlocked her apartment door and took the box out of his hands

"Then why do you work with him?" Jeremy laughed, making a beeline to the fridge and retrieving an orange soda as she set the box down with a grunt.

"Cause the guys an idiot and nobody else would be dumb enough to risk a minimum of two years at county for an eighth every few weeks," she said with a laugh as she dropped down on the couch and turned to face him, "speaking of an eighth, snacks please," she pointed at the pantry while reaching into her backpack and pulling out the pink makeup bag.

"What are you feeling like? Up or down?" She asked as he carried an arm full of chip bags to the coffee table and sat down next to her.

"Up," he smiled and she narrowed her eyes playfully.

"Does that have anything to do with why you've been smiling non-stop since we left the hospital?" She asked in a suspicious tone as he shrugged with a smile and unclipped the beaded bracelet from his wrist.

"Maybe," he said as he handed her the jewelry, she secured a joint at the end of the clip and smiled at the words beaded on his half of their matching friendship roach clips.

"Maybe? So Vicki's into it now? Perfect example of risk and reward," she stated, lightly the joint and taking a puff before handing it to him.

"She was kinda vague, but I think she finally understands how I feel. And risk and reward?" He added with confusion and she nodded and leaned back into the couch.

"Yeah, to have a successful crime empire, which I'm well on my way to reigning over, you have to understand that the risk should never outweigh the reward. If I got arrested now and somehow charged with all my crimes, my savings and experience would be worth the risk," he listened intently as she spoke, passing the joint back to her, "Now, you'd never agree to kill someone for less than 5gs because you'd be risking life, the risk wouldn't outweigh the reward."

"Yeah, that actually makes sense. But, what about Vicki?" He asked, making her grin widely with a small giggle.

"Well, our girl Vicki is an example of how her risk of jail for statutory doesn't outweigh the reward of your virgin ass-" she was cut off as he hit her with a couch pill and glared, she laughed as she threw the pillow back at him and reached out to the coffee table for a bag of cheesy chips.

"You're an asshole," he mumbled childishly as she smiled with cheese dust covered lips.

"So you've mentioned. I'm just kidding, I'd probably go to jail before her," Murphy said with a tone of realization as he looked to her with question.

"Why?" She snorted and reached forward for the clip and held it up slightly.

"It's not exactly legal to regularly smoke out a fourteen year old," she knew, she had looked up the most likely sentence for that particular crime.