𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭

Murphy took a deep breath

She held it...

She counted the water stains on the ceiling above her bedroom...

2 large, 3 small, and 1 concerningly discolored...

She released the breath.

The Founder's Party, a commemorative circle jerk in honor of themselves, The Founding Families. It was disgusting, everything about it, Murphy despised. The pageantry, the food, the decor, the fucking champagne.

But Colin asked. And he's sweet. And the party is most definitely not something she ever would have blinked at before. But... now? It was downright offensive. I mean, did the boy even know her for crying out loud?

No. The answer was obviously no. How could he? He'd have to know more than her favorite color, favorite song, comic, movie, food. He'd have to know the truth. Right? To be loved, is to be known. Wasn't that the rule? If it was, she was fucked, for sure.

Maybe he could love a version of her. The version that loved parties at the mayor's house and meeting his family. She could do that for an evening. He was sweet.

Murphy slammed her hand against the front door, "Hey, Gilberts, Sommors, open up!" she was being obnoxious, she knew it. But the negative self awareness quickly faded away at the sight of Elena Gilbert's annoyed face. Aw, so worth it.

Saying nothing, Elena turned on her feet, gracefully walking towards her aunt, leaving Murphy behind with an eye roll.

"Scum ball," From her vantage point, Murphy saw Jenna glare at the TV, muttering. "Scum bucket."

"Who are you talking to?" Elena looked between her Aunt and the TV with concerned features across her face.

"Him," Jenna nodded her head towards the TV, before turning to Murphy with a tired smile, "Hey, Sweetie," Murphy smiled as Elena spoke.

"The news guy?"

"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell." Jenna redirected her glare back to the TV. "Did your Mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna questioned as Elena laughed.

"Oh, no way. You and Him?" Murphy heard Elena question as she took two large steps towards the staircase, yelling up them.

"Gilbert, get down here, Jenna's gossiping about her love life!"

"He's cute," Elena said with a teasing laugh, Jenna squinted her eyes at her in judgment.

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him."

Jenna and Elena's conversation continued as background noise as Murphy searched the medicine cabinet for Advil. Still weird they keep their drugs in the kitchen and not the bathroom.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" Murphy turned toward her best friend with a breathy laugh, what an asshole.

"You're not gonna find out," Elena replied with a snarky tone as she snatched a pocket watch from his hands.