Chapter Nine: New Years and Truth

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$&@&&@$&@$

I felt a tear falling down on my face. Jasper and Esme had a concern face. "Are you alright darlin'. Whats wrong?" he asked me. I quickly shook my head and wiped my tear. "I'm sorry. Its just...the carbonara tastes so much like my mother's carbonara. I was just remembering a day when I was seven. My mother made me carbonara, my favorite dish," I told them. Jasper nodded his head. Esme looked like she was about to cry with happiness.

I looked at her. "Thank you," I told her. She gave me a hug. She left to clean the dishes while I finish eating my dinner. After dinner, it was time for me to go home. Jasper helped me carry the gifts into the car. I wore the scarf. I turned to everyone. "Thank you and Merry Christmas," I told them. They waved their goodbyes.

Jasper walked me to the car and we drove off to the apartment. At the apartment, Jasper helped me carry the gifts into my room. He set them down onto the table. I walked him to the door. I opened the door to let him out. He turned to me. "I hope you had a good Christmas," he said with a smile. I smiled back to him. "I did. Thank you," I told him. He came towards me and gave me a kiss. It was gentle.

After a minute, we pulled back. I was panting for air. After a while, I looked up to him. "Be careful when driving home," I told him. He gave me a nod. "Stay warm. I don't want anything to happen to you," he said. I gave him a nod. I watched him walk to his car. He looked at me with a smile before he went inside the car and drove off.

It was a really good Christmas.

A few days later....

I felt that Jasper and I gotten extremely close. It was the connection that I feel with him. Sometime, it hurts to be away from him sometimes. I didn't know why. I hoped that Jasper had very strong feelings for me.

I was in my room reading when I heard my cell phone ring. It was Jasper. I answered my phone. "Hello Jasper," I said. "Hello Beverly. My family would like to know if you would like to spend New Years eve with us. Also, they want you to spend the night," he said. I thought about it.

"Sure," I said. "I'll pick you up at 6," he said. "Ok, bye," I said and hung up.

New years eve....

I packed everything that I needed for the night. The Cullens were very nice to me. It was nice for them to let me spend the holiday with them. I felt like I was part of their family.

It was 6:00 pm. I heard the door bell ring. I walked to the door with my bag. I opened the door and Jasper was there. He gave me a smile and I greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. He took my bag and we went to the car.

We got to the house. We walked inside the house and Alice pulled me to the living room. We talked for a long time. It was ten minutes before midnight. Jasper and I walked away from his family to his room.

It was now a minute before midnight. We started to count down the seconds. 5....4...3...2.....1..We kissed each other at the start of the New Year. We pulled apart and rested our foreheads against each other. "Happy New Year darlin'," he whispered with a smile. "Happy New Year," I told him. We heard celebration downstairs and decided to join them. We walked to the living room with our hands intwined.

Next morning....

I woke up at 9:00 am. I slept really late. Jasper led me to the guest room where I would be sleeping. The room was beautiful. I lift myself off the bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. I took a quick shower and did my hair. I dressed in a sweater and blue jeans and white sneakers. I walked out of the room to the living room.

I saw Jasper reading a book. No one else was around. I walked up to him. He turned around and stood up from the couch. I walked until I stood right in front of him. "Good morning Jasper," I said with a smile. Jasper gave me a nod. I got a bit concern. I knew that I was frowning. "Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?" I asked with concern.

Jasper eyes widen in shock and shook his head. "No. You didn't do anything wrong," he said. I nodded my head. He looked at me in the eye. There is something that I want to tell you," he told me. He took my hand into his hand. He had me sit on the couch next to him. He looked at me in the eye. The next thing he said took me by surprise.

"I am a vampire."