Part 13

You open the bag and can't help but smile. You excitedly put on the outfit he had picked out for you. It's a beautiful (favorite color) dress that fits you like a glove. It looks absolutely stunning on you and you can't believe how amazing you feel in it. You pair the outfit with a pair of strappy heels and decided to put your hair in a half up, half down hairstyle. 

"Now what to pair it with for the jewelry," you ask yourself You decide to go with a pair of hoops for the earrings, but it still needs something else. You look around, and a little sparkle on your dresser catches your eye. 

"That will work perfectly!"

BOKUTO'S POV

Bokuto heard the door knob turn and he quickly turned around. She opened the door ever so slowly, or maybe that's just how it felt to Bokuto. When she walked out, Bokuto had no words. She was breathtaking was an understatement. If this was a room full of people, all eyes would be on her. She would need no grand announcement, because the simple click of her heels on the tile would be enough to get heads turning. "How do I look?" She asked, resting her fingers delicately near a necklace with a simple diamond. Bokuto knew that necklace all too well. He had given it to her as a gift for their year anniversary. Y/N had wondered how he could afford such an expensive necklace, stating that it had to be at least $500. He had never actually told her how he got it. His older sisters had forced him to go thrift and antique shopping with them one day and this caught his eye. The original chain was old and looked like it could break, and he (along with the help of his sisters) were able to get the necklace for a lot less than it was worth. The stone was still in excellent condition. He replaced the chain and wrapped it in a little box to give to her. 

"Bokuto?" Y/n's voice brought him back from his thoughts. 

"You're so beautiful that you left me speechless, Y/n." This made y/n smile and laugh.

"You're so corny, but I appreciate that. This dress is beautiful and fits me perfectly. Thank you." She came up to Bokuto and kissed him. Her lips were soft and she smelt like peaches. Was it the scent of her perfume? Who knows, but Bokuto was in love with the sweet scent of her. He kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her, placing his hands on her back and pulling her closer. He then slowly made his lips down to her neck, kissing her soft, delicate skin and breathing in more of her perfume. 

RING RING RING 

 Y/N pulled away, "We should probably get going. Should I get us an Uber?" Her face a bright fiery shade of red.

"I can get it," Bokuto said placing the request for an Uber and seeing that it was Hinata that called him, probably wondering where he was at. 

Why does  that ginger always call at the wrong time?

Y/N was grabbing her purse and was waiting at the door. "Ready?" she asked with a smile. Bokuto grabbed his stuff and walked down. The car arrived the second they walked out and they got in.  Y/N was looking out the window of the car, and the light caught the necklace she was wearing. 

The way it caught the light of the setting sun, it was almost like déja vu except......of a sadder time.

~~flashback~~

Y/N was sitting at the park. It was the park where they first met the summer before their freshmen year. Bokuto knew why she asked him her. They had already talked about it...he was dreading this moment. 

She was leaving soon for university in America and he didn't want to be the reason she was holding back on her dreams. She had always talked about going to school somewhere else seeing the world. This was her dream, and who was he to tell her no from chasing them?