chapter 7

The Mayans were relived when Angel lead Camille back inside both of them laughing.

"Its only taken a few weeks. I was beginning to think I'd need to knock some sence into them." Bishop joked.

"I think thats the longest they haven't talked." EZ spoke up "I never realized how close they were but they started hanging out alot before Izzy came along and once she did they basically lived together. Not seeing them together the past few weeks has been weird. Even when I was in prison they normally visited together."

Jax just sat there listening, he wanted to hear everything about her, everything that happened from that summer ten years ago till now. He hate dthe thought of her living with Angel of being so close with him. That was supposed to be him and Camille.

"I'd hate to be him, that cold shoulder is bad. Shit ain't right man." Coco said shaking his head.

Jax watched as Angel poured Camille a shot, she took it then just grabbed the bottle from him making the both of them laugh.

Jax tried not to stare but it was hard not to. He watched as Camille walked around the Mayan clubhouse talking to different Mayans, laughing and drinking. Jax walked up to the bar making sure his back was to Camille who was dancing. He wanted nothing more than to go join her, hold her close to him. Her laugh seemed to flow right to his ears, everything else became background noise. Hearing her laugh took him back to the time they spent together at teenagers. Her laugh quickly became one of his favorite things about her back then and it was something he always hoped to hear again. Except this time he wasn't the one making her laugh, hell she hadnt even acknowledged him.

It wasnt long before he found himself outside sitting away from everyone. Luckily most people were pretty drunk or paired up with their pick of the night so no one paid him any attention. He needed to get out of the house, away from Camille. The more he was near her the more he wanted to talk to her, try to get her to see how they could be together. He heard footsteps and looked up to see Camille walking towards him, he realized she didn't even see him when she was almost past him. Jax couldn't decide if he wanted to get her attention or not. Before he could say anything the door opening got his attention, the Mayan prospect came out making jax sigh knowing he lost his chance to even speak to Camille.

"Yo, you going to bed?" He yelled

"Yeah there's no open rooms in there was gonna borrow half of your bed like always."

Jax physically jerked when he heard that. When they made runs to Santo padre it seemed like her and Angel were hooking up but she often sleeps in his younger brothers bed? Was she fucking them both? He hated the thought of her with anyone else, it made his stomach turn, his throat seemed to close up and he had so much anger he barely contained it.

Jax watched as EZ walked closer he nodded to Jax when he got close making Camille turn to see who he greeted, he didnt miss how her eyes got bigger when she looked at him.

"I have to clean up some then I'll be in there, you know you don't have to ask." He hugged Camille then went back to the Mayan clubhouse.

"I didnt realize you were there." Camille chuckled as she moved her hair behind her ear. She was always so nervous in his presence when they were younger, even ten years later but she was trying to hide that. "I uh normally pay more attention my surroundings but not here. I know I'm safe here, most of the time."

Jax took a second to look at her, taking in all the differences from the Camille he fell in love with years ago. Motherhood looked good on her, that thought made him wonder what she looked like pregnant. Then he stupidly checked out her books, those too were bigger than when they were teenagers. He began to get mad thinking about her having a kid with someone else, so soon after their summer together. But he done the same thing with Tara except they didn't have a kid. Tara was a place holder for Camille, he would settle if it meant he never had Camille again.