1

I woke up and opened my eyes to a dark room and my hands and feet chained to what I think is a bed. I struggled to move when I felt someone's presence nearby and I closed my eyes attempting to return to sleep.

"Darling, stop trying to trick me. I know your awake so open up those beautiful eyes of yours" the unknown man said. I cringed and opened my eyes. My vision was flooded with bright white lights. Then I saw him, the man in front of me. He had black hair and soft brown eyes. I knew he wasn't from my world and he didn't have the same dark presence as Layn. It was almost like there were two presences in the same person or thing. . .or whatever he was. I felt that I had met him before though

"Are you gonna stop checking me out darling" my face reddened immediately.

"I don't have the slightest interest in you. . .you whatever"

"Ooo, that hurt my feelings darling, and I don't like it when people hurt my feelings" he smirked and I whimpered in my tied up position on what I have now realized is actually a table.

"What are you then?" I asked, it seemed like a pretty valid question for me to ask. I needed something to call him and eventually something I can use against him. I'll probably get out of this eventually. I mean, I escaped from Farana with four other people and two are still on earth.

"That's for me to know and for you to hopefully never find out" he said while smirking at me. Wow, he thought he was real funny didn't he? Well, I'd love it if he'd try and explain why I'm here and what's going on.

"Darling, I just wanted to let you know that I can read your mind. So I will tell you why we're here and why I am in charge of you for a while. So you have a friend named Layn. He is a vampire, not just any low level vampire, the vampire PRINCE. He wants to take you back to his world. And we are going to use you as his weakness. We want to make a deal with his country. That our people will leave his alone as long as he won't use us as servants anymore. He would never agree, no one in his family ever agrees and he's joining them. So we can threaten to hurt or kill you in exchange for the things we want. And eventually we will give you back to him in exchange for something as well. Is that a good enough explanation darling?"

"That's a fine explanation. . ." I paused hoping that he would say his name. I really did need something to call him. It would be very odd if I continuously called him "you". He can read my thoughts of course so he probably now knows why I need to know his name.

"You can call me sir, eventually I will tell you my name, but for now I can't have you saying my name during any messages we send over to my dear friend Layn" he smirked and sat down on the table next to where I lay, chained to it. He looked at me and I felt butterflies explode in my stomach and I didn't know why. I didn't even like this guy. He was my captor, I disliked him to say the least. I was wondering if Layn could read my mind. I bet he could and he knew how unbelievably stunning I thought he was. I bet this guy is hearing me say all this in my thoughts. WELL GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! He chuckled and I knew he had been listening and I scowled at him.

"Darling, you have not been a very good girl and before I send my first message to Layn you need to look like you're in pain so here is the deal. I can't bite you like Layn or hit you with fire like that boy Jack. But I can electrocute you, and let me tell ya, it hurts, bad. So if you would please stop struggling this will go a lot better for you darling" he moved over to the side of the room that I couldn't see and he came out with a remote. I was scared, I didn't know what this would feel like. I hope it doesn't hurt too much. He can hear my thoughts. Dang it, he knows I'm scared now.

"You're right darling I do know you're scared. Now, first question: What do you call me?"

"I don't know, you never told me your name."I said, right before I remembered what he told me to call him.