2

LAYN'S POV:

I just wanted to take the girl back to my country, that's it. Now she's gone and I know it has something to do with me. The boy-Ryes-walked up to me bowing curtly now that everyone knew that I wasn't just a vampire, I was the prince of vampires. It was nice getting treated the way I did back home, but all I felt was guilty. It was all my fault that she was taken, it must be those filthy werewolves or some witches that took her. No one else can do that clean of an escape. Especially with a vampire so close.

"Sir, there is an unknown call asking for an audience with you and Carter. They say they have the princess" Now this could change anything. I might be able to track their signal and find them, but if it's the werewolves it could be protected enough. I followed the boy through the hallways. I liked it here, the light was low since all it was, was some candles stuck in between branches. The boy was afraid of me, I could sense it. "Here you are, sir" I smiled and thanked the boy.

I stepped in and saw an empty room with a screen and an extremely nervous Carter. It was adorable how much he loved her, in all my years I hadn't loved anyone that much. I smiled at him "Ready to watch?" I questioned.

"Better now then later, right?" He said, though I could hear his voice was unsure of if he should wait, or if he should answer at all.

I nodded "Let's do this" I turned the screen on and there was the exact face I thought I would see. Julian, the Prince of the Werewolves. I knew that he could see me because when I hissed he smirked.

"Now boys, I think you both like something in common-" he began.

"Don't call her a thing" Carter responded harshly.

"Oh, now remember she's here and your harsh words could only hurt her" he said as he smirked. "Darling come here"

Then she came forward, I had seen her sitting in a chair in the background, but now there she was in a beautiful light blue dress. Though I thought she looked better in the darker blues. There was a veil that looked as thin as spider's silk covering her face. There was a collective gasp from Carter and I as two beautiful girls came forward and first curtsied to Julian and then walked to Elaine lifting the veil carefully off her face and letting it fall delicately over her back.

"So I see you got two new "indentured servants" to follow your every command" I said and watched as Elaine's expression changed from her passive, dazed one to one full of sorrow, confusion and anger.

"I thought you said I wouldn't be able to see or hear them?" She said

"What did you forget at the end of that sentence?" Julian responded

"Sir" she said quietly. Now, I was really mad. He was turning her into one of his pretty little goons. He thought he had me distracted, but the whole time I had been tracking and memorizing their location.

"Good girl" he said mockingly "Now Layn and Carter, anymore back talking or rude remarks could very well put this girl in the chamber she had been in when she first got here" Elaine whimpered and I knew that it must've been some sort of torture chamber and I could tell that Carter had connected the dots too.

"What do you want Julian?" I said.

"Tsk tsk Layn. I thought you would know what to say in this situation and not to push my buttons, I mean you've been in my position during these situations before. Come here darling" he said while smirking. "Rose! Autumn! One of you give me your shocks!" The shorter of the two servants came forward and gave him two bracelets which I guessed were called shocks. He put them on her wrists and then the screen went black.

ELAINE'S POV:

"Their faces disappeared from the screen, sir" I said.

"I know. We are taking you back to the first chamber and we will continue there" I got up and followed him out of the room. Rose and Autumn following quickly behind. We rushed through the halls to the other room where he had me lay down and chained me back to that horrible table.

"Rose, Autumn, set up the camera! Elaine, why can't you be nice and obedient like them? It would make things a lot easier for the both of us" I smirked, I would never be obedient to HIM. I hated him and he knew it, he was using my weakness of being in pain in front of those I love. And don't get imaginative, I mean Carter not Layn. He laughed and I knew he had listened to my thoughts.

"The camera is set up, sir" He smirked at me.

"Let the games begin"