ten

Finally! It's been a whole ten minutes and I've finally managed to mix up my products and create something that matches the color of the skin on my neck

Scooping up the concoction of concealer, foundation, and a hint of bronzer onto my blending brush, I smear it onto the side of my neck with a scowl.

The huge blotch of dark red stares back at me in the mirror and my brushing movements get more aggressive. I'm nearly done concealing it when my phone chimes with a notification. Quickly finishing up, I retrieve my phone from my purse and see who it is.

Isaac : hey june, i'm super sorry but i can't make it today. rain check?

I stand there and down at my phone, as equal proportions of irritation and disbelief course through my veins. I had literally just spent an eon obscuring the damn hickey on my neck. And now this.

"Great," I mutter sarcastically, chucking my phone onto my mattress before sitting down on the edge of it. I was all dressed up and ready and my date just bailed on me— Isaac better have a good excuse for why.

Well, I wasn't going to let that stop me from going out. Shrugging on my mocha colored coat, I grab my phone and shoot Gen a text, grinning when she replies immediately— I knew I could count on her to never leave me hanging. 

Me: hiii hoe, you free?

Gennn👯 : heyy bigger hoe and don't u have a hot date w my bro?

Me: he rain checked 🙄

Gennn👯 : ugh men 🙄 dw bae i gotchuu come on overr

Gennn👯 : oh and BRING FOOODD

Me: i'll be over in five. takeout okay?

Gennn👯 : hell yess did i ever tell u that ur the best?

Me: hehe ik ik see ya in five xx

Slipping my phone into my purse, I exit my room, earlier pissiness forgotten. 

I'm halfway to the elevator when I freeze, remembering that Tristan is here too. I look around and sigh out in relief when I don't see him. He was probably still in his room basking in the satisfaction of ruining my date. I rush over to the elevator, and spam click the button, hoping my luck doesn't run out too soon.

The elevator takes me down to the ground floor and I step out into the lobby with a flourish. Biting back a groan when I catch the eye of the creepy doorman for our building, I give him a pained smile and then roll my eyes when he doesn't even notice my attempt at being polite. His eyes were flagrantly fixed on my legs, so I walk out of there as fast as I can.