fourteen

I've just confirmed booking the appointment to visit my mom on the rehab center's website which was pulled up on my laptop, when I decide that it's time I actually get out of bed

Trust Jack the jackass— a hilarious and fairly suiting nickname made up a few years ago by none other than Gen— to be the one to yank me out my slumber by trying to barge into the rehab center to pay a visit to my mom without a fucking visitor's pass. I'd prefer being woken by one of my nightmares, thank you very much.

Then again, I was lucky that the receptionist who sat at the front desk saw the commotion— which was Jack who was being blocked by the guards of the building, and was yelling out my mother's name like some fucking forbidden lover shit. 

Yeah, right.

He was the sole reason Mom was in rehab in the first place and there was no way in hell I'd ever let him face her again. The little progress she's making would all dissipate within seconds if she saw his cheating ass again; I just knew it.

Anyways, the receptionist was considerate enough to call me at the sight of a random man whom he'd never seen before screeching my mom's name. Thanks to him, Jack was officially banned from the building so if I was lucky, I'd never have to worry about him getting near my mom.

I was usually never lucky.

I glance at the corner of my laptop and see that it was already half past twelve in the afternoon, leaving me with a good hour and fifty minutes to class. An hour and fifty minutes was more than enough because unlike some people, I didn't take thirty years to get dressed. 

Ah fuck, and there it is. 

I've managed to keep the blondie who was just down the hall out of my head all morning and now she was relentlessly invading my thoughts once again. Which proved to be a huge problem 'cause thinking of her lead to me remembering what happened last night and now certain parts of me were starting to really wake up.

I glance down at the front of my boxers and drag a hand down the side of my face with a sigh. All these fucking boners were starting to become a serious problem— something a man whore like me never thought I'd be saying.

Ambling over to the adjoined bathroom my bedroom comes with, I take an ice cold shower. I didn't think I'd be taking any showers that weren't cold for the remaining duration of my stay here, and the thought was a little depressing. As if my testosterone levels weren't already off the charts, June just had to leave me with a case of irreparable blue balls last night.

Louring as the yesterday's events pop into my head, I wrap a big coffee colored towel around my waist and finish brushing my teeth. I was just about to scrub my hair dry with another smaller towel when I hear a sharp knock at my door.

Sauntering out of the bathroom, I open the door to my bedroom and— surprise, surprise— it's Juniper. For the first time, she doesn't have a sunny smile to greet me, just a stony scowl. She obviously still pissed about how I never called or texted last night which I didn't like one bit, because for some ridiculous reason I had a thing about people who I actually liked being mad at me.