chapter 1 - willing

A/n: I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Darling,

•••

January, 1944

"Miss Ivy, put that book down!" History of Magic teacher, Professor Binns yelled at the blonde haired girl who was hovering over poor Asipher Longbottom.

"He took my ink." Defended the girl, giving a pleading look to the teacher in front of her.

"M-miss I didn't, h-her ink is there." Longbottom trembled, shakily pointing a finger at the empty desk beside him. The professor's gaze followed his point, and her look of fury worsened.

"Detention Miss Ivy."

"Thank you, you absolute dipshit." The girl yelled, hitting the boy on the head with the book and retreating back to her desk.

"Actually, you may go and find Headmaster Dippet, I simply cannot condone your behaviour anymore."

The girl groaned, dragging her feet to the door as her classmates onlooked, some in awe, some in horror. She turned around to give a final scowl at the boy who sold her out and began stomping down the long corridors - the sound of her 'against the dress code' heels echoing off the stone walls.

She reached the headmaster quarters and the door flew open, as if it were expecting her arrival, storming up the spiral staircase, she heard the voice of Headmaster Dippet beckoning her to come in. She peered around the corner to see him staring at her with a blank expression, clearly not surprised that she was, yet again, standing in his office, probably about to make up some brilliant excuse about why she was in trouble this time. 

"He took my ink, I got him in trouble and then he moved it back to my desk so I hit him on the head and now I have, yet another, detention." She complained in one exasperated breath.

"Quite frankly, I do not care why you did what you did nor what he did to make you do it, I am pleased that you're here because I would like to talk to you about a wonderful opportunity I can offer you."

She gaped at him before groaning and slumping in a chair - worried about what terribly shocking and unbearable programme or project he was about to inflict on her.

"Now, now Miss Ivy, I think you may enjoy this..." He raised his eyebrows in an attempt to entice her, but she kept her gaze on the cobbled floor beneath her feet. "Although, I haven't spoken to him yet, we are beginning a new student tutoring programme, and I would love for you to participate."

She pulled a confused look, tilting her head "You want me to tutor someone?"

The look that zoomed across Dippet's face was utterly priceless as he contemplated what would happen if he did allow that: utter chaos, he decided. "No, no, absolutely not. I think you could benefit from a few tutoring sessions from one of our top students. Despite your insufferable behaviour, you are exceeding in all of your subjects, except Defence Against the Dark Arts. And considering your." He whispers the next part "Powers. I think that in no time, you will be at the top of your class in that subject, too."

"I appreciate the offer, headmaster but you and I both know that I do not get along with anyone but Theodore Nott and" she laughed "I'm certain you don't want him to tutor me."

"Certainly not, but the student I have found for you is more than capable of helping you succed."

She looked up and around the room, making it obvious that she didn't care nor want a stupid tutor-

"If you say yes, you will be tutored by Slytherin prefect, Tom Riddle."

Her eyes shot up to his, causing him to refrain a laugh at her peak in interest.