Chapter 11

We have stayed holed up in our rooms together for days, unwilling to accept that any other sort of life exists where we live worlds apart. Call it denial, but we are perfectly content with sleeping the day away and making love all night. Killian and I no longer have a wall keeping us apart, and not a moment is wasted. We shower together, laugh together, leave only for food and Henry's bar, and then goof around all evening, watching movies or comparing playlists.

We've become literally inseparable.

Killian and I have fun, something I didn't think would happen for me while on this trip. Every moment I'm with him feels more like a vacation and more like an actual relationship.

One and a half weeks is all the time we have left and we don't talk about it. I haven't even started my project. He promised to help with my writing today, but I'm hesitant to even bring it up. When the project ends, we end with it.

After finishing breakfast at Henry's—which consisted of some of the best eggs and hash of my life—we leave through the back exit to return to my room. Entering the hotel from the back took us through a laundry room used by the hotel's housekeeping staff directly to our stairway.

"How bad of a writer are you exactly?"

The smile I had been wearing since breakfast quickly faded as we took the first turn in the empty stairwell. We are really doing this. We are going to work on my last project today. Why does this already feel over?

"I didn't do well."

Upon hearing the door open from the second floor accompanied with multiple voices, Killian quickly reaches for my hand, twirling me around until my back is flat against the wall. He drops our fist and uses both palms to press into the wall above me, caging me into place with his body. The moment his mouth connects to my collarbone, I'm a puddle. He's doing this deliberately to hide himself from whoever is about to pass down those stairs, but I'm reaping the reward.

"I like that you smell like my soap." He nibbles at my lobe.

I moan at the thought of our late-night shower. We washed each other, made love, and then washed again before falling asleep watching Peter Pan.

Four people pass us, hushing their voices as they do. One guy from my class looks me square in the eye as I tug the hood of Killian's sweatshirt up over his head. The schoolmate—whom I can't remember his name for the life of me—slows himself to a turtle's pace.

"Emma." He nods with a cheeky grin. "I see you're enjoying Ireland."

Killian bites at my ear again, adjusting his stance so that the bulge growing within the confines of his jeans was now pressed against my hip. He groans into my neck when I wiggle my pelvis. Needing to remain hidden at the moment, Killian is at my mercy.

'Enjoying Ireland' would best be described as an understatement.

"Mmhmm," I reply with a giggle, watching as the guy disappears down the steps and back to his group of friends.

"Yeah, Emma. Enjoying Ireland?" Killian mocks, proceeding to lick my bottom lip before entering my mouth with his tongue.

I briefly allow him this small win, to feel as though he has me right where he wants me. I know if I don't stop it, we won't be productive adults today. It's exactly what gets us into a bed and we refuse to leave. Plus, this was too close. He was almost seen, and that would have been it—the end.

With a few taps of my hands against his chest, I duck myself beneath his outstretched arms, escaping his cage and mouth.

"Swan." He groans again with a beautiful laugh.