Chapter 12

Sitting on our favorite couch of Henry's pub, we intertwine our thumbs and press our wrists beside each other's. If we hold hands just right, the shape of an old church forms on our skin. When parted, they appear to be nothing more than wonky lines on our wrists. Killian's is harder to see, as his tattoo lost in a sea of other shapes and colors, but it is there... for only us to know the story and sentiment behind. This is the perfect tattoo to always remember my Ireland trip.

The skin still buzzed from where the needle had dyed my skin black. I was surprised at how much it didn't hurt, but still clung myself to Killian with my free hand as the tattoo artist laughed and joked about my anxiety of getting my first one. The feeling was more uncomfortable than painful, and it only stung more when the sun hit after I had removed the bandage with Vaseline on it. Now I can't stop staring at it and loving the way it matches him.

Killian—who remained completely unfazed as he got his tattoo—lifts our conjoined fist to his mouth and kisses my knuckles. "You should work on your project."

I have no response to that. I know I should work on it, but I'm too busy cuddling and loving how Killian marked his skin with a memory of me. This also wasn't the first time he reminded me of my schoolwork today, it was possibly the thirtieth. As we sat in the tattoo shop's waiting area, he was more interested in writing than panicking like me. He wants me to do my homework, but I think he also is inspired to write music again. Sometimes I catch him staring at his guitar and I can't help but wonder how much he is missing writing during his time off. Judging by the large stacks of lyrics in his room, I'd say he doesn't put the pen and guitar down often.

"Come on." He stands from the couch and pulls at our hold. "At the very least, we need to go scrub these tattoos under hot water. It hurts like a bitch at first, but you'll thank me. It's a trick I've learned over the years."

I give in, even though I'm not happy about it and rolling my eyes with a huff, which I made sure was loud enough for him to hear. I allow him to drag me away from the bar. I've never heard of scrubbing at a tattoo right after getting it, but it definitely doesn't sound pleasant. I have to just trust him, as he requested.

"I'm so tired." I drop my back to the bed as soon as we return to his room. "I really don't want to work on this project. How long does it normally take when you write a song and do a first recording of it? How do we even record it?"

These were all probably questions I should have asked myself right when we were assigned the project. I've been slacking. We both know it. Killian lifts his brows and smiles, liking that I'm suddenly showing the slightest of interest in getting this done.

He slyly crawls himself into the bed and overtop me, placing the first of many kisses on my neck. Killian has told me before that he likes the way kissing me here makes me moan and I do again now. I want him; I want him to take my mind away from school and leaving Ireland. These kisses could lead to more and accomplish just that. They could lead to a night where he could make me forget my name.

"We are going to shower together right now, and then we are going to finish this project as quickly as we can. I'm thinking it will take a week. I won't touch you again until it's finished."

Cock blocked by homework. Outstanding.

"I don't write songs." I sigh, watching him roll himself from the bed.

He removes his shirt, stepping inside the bathroom only briefly to turn the water of the shower on. I impatiently wait for his reappearance, salivating at his defined abs and tattooed sleeves of ivy. Why does he have to be so hot shirtless?

"I don't even know where to start." I stop my drooling to continue complaining. "Maybe I should just do instrumental."

"Instrumental is a copout and you know it, Emma. And it's a good thing you know someone who writes music for a living." He laughs as he pulls me from the bed. "Unless you don't want my help, since my music is absolute rubbish."